Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

The new beta 2 dropped

(Topic created: 10-11-2023 05:23 PM)
Options
Discussions
Wow the UI improvements are insane. Not aesthetics, I mean smoothness and lag. It's like a brand new phone now. It's so snappy you feel like you're using a Pixel, I have yet to experience a single instance of stutter or lag. I didn't read the full details of what they fixed but I know they fixed a lot of the UI and bug issues, they updated a bunch of the system Samsung apps like wearables for instance. And it's just all around a huge improvement from the first beta. I did not think we were getting a second, I thought that since stable should be ready in 2 weeks or so that we would just go straight to stable but Samsung came through and gave us a freebie for those of us that stayed on the beta. Also obviously it includes a new October security patch, just getting off of that September one is a huge relief. The September patch caused my phone many issues so I'm glad to be off of that one and the October patch seems to be more in line with what Samsung usually puts out which is quality updates at a very fast pace. Samsung sometimes beats Google when it comes to security patches.This OneUI 6 beta 2 update is a 10/10 for me

Here's what has been improved:

Options
Discussions
That is correct. Not until you fully pay off the phone. It's not that big of a deal luckily though since the stable version is right around the corner and you will get that one no matter what. You just have to wait a little longer. You miss out on early access when you're locked to a carrier so if you're interested in betas and other stuff like that I highly suggest in the future you always buy the Samsung unlocked model of the phone. I have always bought the U1 version of every Samsung phone and have never regretted it.
0 Likes
JamesC315
Constellation
Options
Discussions
So stupid. I'm moving to Tmobile soon, but may just ignore the deals, so much hassle.

Thanks for all the help!
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Even T-Mobile will not give you the beta if you're locked to them just so you know. You must have an unlocked phone then you get T-Mobile service on that unlocked phone. That's how You get the quickest access to every update. T-Mobile pushes updates days to even weeks faster than any other carrier and if you're unlocked on their network you will get security patches and betas much earlier than any other carrier but if you're buying the phone through T-Mobile, you will be locked again and be in the same situation you are now so keep that in mind!
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
not necessarily as only U1 devices got the beta whether you are carrier locked or your phone is paid and you unlock from your carrier that won't change the fact that your model number ends with U and not U1, U1 models are direct from Samsung, Google Fi and at the moment I don't know of any others but those two are the ones that you purchase a phone from them and you'll get the factory unlocked U1 model, any other carrier whether it be US Cellular T-Mobile AT&t Verizon anything like that the model number will end with U... previous beta tests have included U1 & U devices but that doesn't seem to be the case this time
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
mine is a S901U, but I flashed U1 firmware as apparently the carrier version isn't getting the beta, and then I had the side load but then was able to register in Samsung members after using a Google account that was new as The sign in for Samsung members, the banner popped up even though I was already sideloaded I registered and today I got beta 2 over the air.... The only work around thus far is to swap firmware from U to U1, but that's a big thing cuz honestly within a couple weeks I would think the public release would be as it's **bleep**g quick and I like it it works well better reception better battery power management everything just aesthetically nice and bit snappy
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
It's in the notices for the members app, they've been saying since around last week that it was going to drop on the 11th which is today. They usually post big information like this on the notices so always check them out.
Maggard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I am there with you. If you learn how to register for the Beta, please share.

I sent a message to a Moderator yet no luck. The only other advice I read is to check the Samsung Member App.

I have an SM-908U on T-Mobile Service for my S22-Ultra bought from Verizon.
It does NOT have the "U1" code for unlocked devices.
I hope it qualifies for the Beta.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
As long as your carrier unlocked which you seem to be since it's a Verizon phone on T-Mobile, Then you should be eligible. When I first signed up for it, I had to completely uninstall the members app and then redownload it and then the banner showed up to sign up for it.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
If you don't see any banner after reinstalling the app, go into your notices which is the light bulb icon in the top right on the main page and check in there, if you're eligible you'll see it for sure. Good luck!
0 Likes
JamesC315
Constellation
Options
Discussions
What does 1U mean and when should it be available?
0 Likes