Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

The new beta 2 dropped

(Topic created: 10-11-2023 05:27 PM)
Options
Discussions
Wow the UI improvements are insane. Not aesthetics, I mean smoothness and lag. It's like a brand new phone now. It's so snappy you feel like you're using a Pixel, I have yet to experience a single instance of stutter or lag. I didn't read the full details of what they fixed but I know they fixed a lot of the UI and bug issues, they updated a bunch of the system Samsung apps like wearables for instance. And it's just all around a huge improvement from the first beta. I did not think we were getting a second, I thought that since stable should be ready in 2 weeks or so that we would just go straight to stable but Samsung came through and gave us a freebie for those of us that stayed on the beta. Also obviously it includes a new October security patch, just getting off of that September one is a huge relief. The September patch caused my phone many issues so I'm glad to be off of that one and the October patch seems to be more in line with what Samsung usually puts out which is quality updates at a very fast pace. Samsung sometimes beats Google when it comes to security patches.This OneUI 6 beta 2 update is a 10/10 for me

Here's what has been improved:

40 Replies
moebetta
Halo
Options
Discussions
I'm in the states, I've been looking everyday in my members app for the beta to drop 4me
Options
Discussions
It just dropped today man, if you're on T-Mobile you should have it by now if you're on the SM-908U1
JamesC315
Constellation
Options
Discussions
What about S901U?
0 Likes
Maggard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
...or a SM-908U (without the "U1" unlocked code)?
0 Likes
JamesC315
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Wait so what does 1U mean?
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
If it's carrier unlocked, then yes you should be eligible for the OneUI 6 beta. Note, you have to join the first beta through this app via the banner at the homepage. Then you have to update to the second beta via an over-the-air update so after the first beta is done You would go to settings, update and update like that to the second beta.
0 Likes
JamesC315
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I got it from Verizon and it's been 90 days, which is Verizon policy to unlock, from what I know.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
You need to request it from Verizon. Even though they have stated they automatically unlock it, they don't. My mom has Verizon and her iPhone has been fully paid off for a year and Verizon still hasn't unlocked it automatically I had to call Verizon for her and request it to be unlocked from their network and it took a few business days, then it was unlocked. Note that your phone has to be fully paid off to be eligible for unlock from a carrier. The 90 days means nothing if you owe Verizon money because you financed the phone.
They will not unlock a phone that money is owed on. If they were to do that you could easily just steal the phone from them essentially by switching it to a different carrier. So if you get what I'm saying then you'll understand as long as the phone is fully paid off, you have no balance left on it then you can request unlock from Verizon.
0 Likes
JamesC315
Constellation
Options
Discussions
So essentially, no beta for me?
0 Likes