Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

This Beta was "fun", but never again.

(Topic created: 12-31-2021 03:43 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
This was my first android Beta. Decided the trade offs off full stability was ok to experience android 12 on my fold 3. I didn't realize I'd lose tap to pay via Google pay it. But I've lived with out it for years, so what was a month or two with out it gonna hurt. 

I miss it, terribly. 

I'm extremely disappointed to read today, 12-30-2020 Verizon customers have been receiving the stable update. While my unlocked device still shows "your software is up to date!" when checking. 

Isn't one of the benifits of being a lab rat beta testing software that you get priority stable update access?? 

Feel like it's a $1800 let down. I'm aware, I choose to enter the Beta, and can leave. Withdrawing and setting up my phone/accounts again isn't desirable. 

18 Replies
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Discussions
I totally get it. I try to remember that I've been on the new OS for over a month with relatively little issues and everyone else is just now getting it.

Of course there are apps I'd love to run right now but it'll be here soon enough. I guess in my old age and years of developing and beta testing software, I'm just use to it. It's not just Samsung that does this.
CreekFreak
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Just a thought after reading some of the replies...

Why don't we petition Samsung to put unlocked devices into the same pool as the South Korean one? This would have allowed unlocked devices to get the stable update before "carrier" versions.

Somebody get Android Police or something decent to jump start the idea.
Nick281051
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Not sure what you think a petition will do, Samsung is at the whim of carriers and no petition is going to change that
blambtn
Comet
Options
Discussions
I am pretty sure that Sammy can do whatever they want, in regards to adding the unlocked devices running beta - along with the South Korean pool of devices, that receive the official update before anyone else.
sebas5287
Comet
Options
Discussions
That is a bad idea specially in terms of how to execute that as well that South Korea mostly uses Exynos than Qualcomm
blambtn
Comet
Options
Discussions
True. A much more simple solution: release the official OS to South Korea; then release the official OS to all Beta testers; then release official OS to all unlocked devices, regardless of carrier; then release official OS to all major carriers. Seems fair to me.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
To add to the slap in the face from samsung, the fold 2 is receiving the official android 12 release before all of the fold 3 users. "Get used to being disrespected for being a lab rat" is what I'm getting from samsung
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
I read they have pushed the stable update for the fold 2 as well.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Anonymous ,

We understand your concern and reason for disappointment. It is almost always carrier device receive FOTA update before unlocked devices as carriers needs to approve unlocked version too. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes