Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

US Unlocked S21 Ultra cannot download OneUI4.0

(Topic created: 11-19-2021 12:47 AM)
Bfloyd1989
Halo
Options
Discussions
As the post stated, US Unlocked S21 Ultra cannot download OneUI4.0. This is starting to get frustrating with Samsung. Especially when ur seeing all the carrier phones getting the update. This is a slap in the face to how Samsung treat their unlocked customers. Which always get updates late or after carriers devices.
16 Replies
userYkodB7cTZ9
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Same here. I purchased outright the unlocked phone hoping it would get the updates faster then the carrier. Go figure the carriers now are getting it before.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
With all the issues we're reading, we'll wait
1suprem0
Comet
Options
Discussions
Yea there's a couple bugs tbh. Buds Pro doesn't show pairing animation, battery life but its my 2nd day on UI 4 and the media player doesn't show on lock screen. That's what I'm experiencing so far. At&t 21 Ultra.
0 Likes
Bfloyd1989
Halo
Options
Discussions
Yeah, I get what u are saying but the Samsung Unlocked devices feels like the step child devices. Like we will experiment here but when it comes to reaping the benefits of being an unlocked device they are often last in line
1suprem0
Comet
Options
Discussions
I feel you on that but yea regardless unlocked or locked every s21 should've gotten the update
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Discussions
Carriers released the firmware first so customers start thinking about buying from them. Bloatware, network locking, "break-up" fees, etc. will not change my mind about carrier locked phones.
0 Likes
Bfloyd1989
Halo
Options
Discussions
I would agree with you but Samsung actually released to exynos first.
Within regards to carrier releases I actually seen a few people that got the unlocked firmware at the same time as carriers.... so the issues is on Samsung
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Discussions
First time I am hearing Exynos devices are sold in the US. Main issue is that carier did not participate in the beta program but got the stable ROM first to users. A lot of people with unlocked phones may buy them so they can test beta software, if available, and get stable software first- what it used to be.
Bfloyd1989
Halo
Options
Discussions
I never said Exynos was sold in the us. I just said they are updated first
0 Likes