Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Using side button to end calls does not work

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 02:26 PM)
Options
Discussions
Beta 2... using the side button to end calls still does not work (same as beta 1). Cleared the phone cache partition then later cleared phone app data & cache. Still no good.

I previously submitted an error report for this but I did not see it listed in the working issues list.

Any thoughts/suggestions to try prior to me submitting another error report?

Galaxy S21 / SM-G991U1/DS

Regards. šŸ˜Ž

10 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I'll assume "Press side key to end calls" is toggled ON under Answering and Ending Calls?
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Yes it is. I tried turning it off, tried it, then turned it back on. Still not working.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I just tested this ... works for me.

I'm using the Google Phone app, so not sure if that makes a difference.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I'm using the stock phone app that is on the phone.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
You can install Google Phone app and try. It's easy to switch back to Samsung Phone
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Thanks for the suggestion.

Just downloaded and tried the Google Phone app. End calls using side button is activated. The setting looks to me to be an android system setting. Still does not work. Deleting the app.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @uservgrto6bS79 ,

Thank you very much for reporting the issue to us. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

We weren't able to reproduce issue internally, but based on your previous report we see key count as 0 even though you mentioned as pressing the key.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Thank you...

Interesting...
I am definitely pressing the side key to end the call. Also, I know the side key works as I use it to shut down/start my phone.

Regards. šŸ˜Ž
0 Likes
user9mlDgg
Constellation
Options
Discussions

This worked for me:

From the recent calls screen go to Settings then Answering and Ending calls, Toggle OFF "Press side key to end calls"

Make a call then quickly end the call. 

Go back to settings Answering and Ending calls through the recent calls screen again, Toggle ON "Press side key to end calls"

It should work again. It did for me!