Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

WIFI / GATEWAY ISSUES REMAIN

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 06:50 PM)
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
installed update rebooted, wipe cache, forgot Wi-Fi login settings, re login to Wi-Fi, phone sitting off to the side doing nothing 20 minutes later entire home network gateway shuts off, all devices disconnected, entire home network crashed. random MAC or phone MAC, doesn't matter.  turn off phone Wi-Fi and Network reboots and resets--"hmmm... I wonder if it's the beta causing this? nahhhhhh...."

I must still be "using my phone wrong"...

"hey doc, my arm hurts when I do this..."
"well don't do that..."

BETA 3:

19 Replies
Sveney
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I have this issue too. samsung please let me know if I can help track down the issue. Will a bug report on the phone help after the issue happens?
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
I've sent two, one on 9/21 and one just today. I've tried using Wireshark to track down the network activity, but the problem is Wireshark records dozens of events in a single second.. so it's hard to pinpoint anything when there are hundreds of processes going on at any given time.
Sveney
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Just sent in a report as well.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
The best option would be to log off all devices on the network except for phone, then run Wireshark
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
no, the best option is for Samsung to address this. I shouldn't have to get a networking degree over the internet to allow my home gateway to work when the phone is on. if I turn off all my devices except my phone... then I cannot know what other interactions the phone is having with the other devices that may be causing this.
Leify
Comet
Options
Discussions
Even if you have an actual networking degree, this is a bit ridiculous to need to do that level of troubleshooting to have your device not cease function as expected.
LIGHTNING144
Explorer
Options
Discussions
This app is the issue WcmChinaUrlsNetworkStackOverylay
It's under system apps it's only supposed to be installed on Chinese phones. From what I've seen the Chinese government uses it for internet control.

https://blog.headuck.com/2020/10/23/how-samsung-devices-connect-qq-baidu-taScreenshot_20211005-215338_Brave - Beta.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @MWS2022 ,

We have received your report and have provided logs to our R & D for  analysis. From previous logs we received from other users , below were two scenarios we observed that caused router to reboot. Please check if any them happens for your case 

1. Router had duplicated IP assigned to multiple device.

2. Multiple AP's with same SSID but different security type are used. In this case please try turning off one of AP's and see if the issue happens. 

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes