Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Wifi issues

(Topic created: 09-25-2021 05:10 PM)
Mac2vd
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
My Netgear Nighthawk RX 120 Router is somehow affected by my Galaxy S21 Ultra. Since I've owned this phone, I have noticed moderate slowing, and a reboot of the router usually corrected the problem. After the One UI 4.0 update, it started becoming more regular and severe. Yesterday, my wife was having severe slowing issues while doing her data entry work. I rebooted the router 3 times with no positive results. I left the house to pick my son up from school, and when I returned, my wife said, you are the problem. She told me that when I was gone, her computer worked flawlessly and when I returned it started slowing down again. I then turned off my phone, and the issues with the wifi were gone. Has anyone else experienced this or similar issues? I will be sending Samsung an error report, but I first wanted to see if this is a known problem. 
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Mac2vd  ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report with Make and Model of the router/modem immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Mac2vd
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I already did everything you are asking me to do. The members app was updated upon availability, and I sent an error report the same day I posted this problem. Is it possible that you are requesting this from user MWS2022 who is using Arris, not the Netgear AX120 that I have?
0 Likes
Mac2vd
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Claykin,
I usually check bi-monthly for updates on the router, and I was about to reply to you, saying yes, it is running the most current update. But, I decided to check first, and there was one available. I don't know if it will correct the issue, but I sure hope it does.
Thanks
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I had an RX 8000 and had the same issue with my S9+. I tossed it and got a Google Nest Router and haven't had issues since
0 Likes
Mac2vd
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I have an S8+ and had the S10+ and S20 Ultra. The S8 still does not affect the router, and the other two didn't either. Only the S21 Ultra. Next year, I will be in the market for an ax 6e router. I will definitely research it before buying. In the meantime, I will look for a way to make them compatible. There has to be a solution out there.
Thanks
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
The only thing I can think of is the S21's randomized mac address method. Try using the phone's native MAC and see if that improves anything.
userW5Fo7XCTa7
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Weird update but I was having the same issue with the update running on a combo Motorola modem/router. Bought a new dedicated router today (Synology), needed it anyway with how many devices we have. Have not had a single issue since setting it up.
userujc3Ckl0j5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I've had the same issue since starting this beta on my Motorola combo router modem, it's a mg 7550. It's been driving me crazy. I suspected the phone somehow but there was no way for me to confirm it. The WiFi signal just drops on the router, or it'll say connected without internet.
0 Likes
Mac2vd
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
You are the second person stating problems who are using a Motorola combo router. The other person upgraded to a new router, and it solved his problems. Before getting a new router, make sure your router has the latest firmware update. You can also reset the network on your phone under settings > General management > reset > network.
It may help.
0 Likes
CrayzeeJoe
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Ever since I installed Beta my S21 Ultra has caused my Netgear c7000 to disconnect every time I get home and every time I connect to it. Xfinity came out just in case and found no issues w connection. It causes my router to reboot over and over and over and over and over....
0 Likes