Options
Discussions
Just started happening but phone disconnects from home wifi randomly
7 Replies
K9Ray
Halo
Options
Discussions
I've have a good connection and all my other devices stay connectedScreenshot_20210929-213339_Samsung Members_34183.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Mine like stops the wifi for 5 minutes for all of my devices on the wifi. it's weird and it only started happening after the update and happens randomly when I'm connected
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
Mine randomly shuts off my Wi-Fi for all my devices and will eventually reset the router until I turn off the phone Wi-Fi or use the phone in safe mode
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @MWS2022 ,

If network is stable  and doesn't reset router when phone is safe mode, Issue needs to be happening from a 3rd party app.  Most apps that run in background for data are required to provide a persistent notification when doing so.  Please take a note of the app you are using next time your resets. You could then try disabling that particular app than run the phone in safe mode. 

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
Not using any appā€¦ just turn the phone on Wi-Fi onā€¦ phone sits there and eventually the Wi-Fi stops and the router resets. Of course an app must be trying to hit the Internet on its own in the background and I have no way of knowing what that is, but there is no app usage at that moment or I would have figured that out. If every time I open my banking app and the wifi reset, that would be obviousā€¦ But that is not what's happening.

What I have been doing is after every app update, clearing the cache and restarting the phone. So far that has not helped. There were some recent Google updates about an hour ago, I reset the phone cleared the cache and I'm back on Wi-Fi waiting to see if it fails again

I don't disagree it's probably a 3rd party app, or an app... But the fact remains those 3rd party apps didn't crash my Wi-Fi network prior to the Beta install. Perhaps some of the 3rd party apps are not compatible with the Beta or still need to be updated for android 12.

Even if I am "using my phone wrong", that is not the cause of the other beta testers' complaints about network connectivity and crashes.
Andrew_F
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Mine too
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions
Do you have use the Random Mac address enabled, if so try switching to use Phone Mac address and then reconnect
0 Likes