JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Withdraw from beta after reinstall

(Topic created: 09-22-2021 08:21 AM)
coffee1978
Halo
Options
Discussions

Hi, I reverted back to OneUI 3.1/Android 11 using SmartSwitch.  I did not click the Withdraw on Samsung Members though.

Now, the beta is not even mentioned in my Samsung Members app so I cannot withdraw, and the phone keeps keeps trying to download the beta again.

How can I withdraw?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
coffee1978
Halo
Options
Discussions

I simply did a full SmartSwitch backup to my PC (plus Samsung Cloud & Google One sync+backups), upgraded to the 12 beta, withdrew in Samsung Members and reinstalled the Android 11 UH9 build. After reinstall, did restores and reinstalls.  A 3 hour chore. 

Extremely frustrating, and extremely unnecessary as far as I'm concerned.  When I opted-in to the beta under stock Android 11, Samsung Members still gave me the option to Withdraw while the update was pushed to my phone and eventually installed. There is no reason why that same one menu option could not be enabled in Samsung Members when it sees I am already enrolled in the beta.  I have been involved in all of the Samsung betas since the S6, so I do not need the 'wellll ackshually youuu should know betas are like thissssss. I am a haXX0r' talk that others seem intent on replying.  This is a simple, yet missing, feature as far as I am concerned.  </rant>

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
TopherLee
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Did you re-download the beta version?

Don't quote me...

But you may have to re-download and reinstall the beta version in order to get the Samsung Members App to recognize the beta version... Then, you should be able to withdraw, given the instructions Samsung provided to withdraw, and reflash the previous release version (from Smart Switch) back onto your device without continually getting the Beta prompts.
0 Likes
coffee1978
Halo
Options
Discussions

No, I don't want to download the beta again.  If that is the only way to withdraw, then that is insane.  My local SmartSwitch backup wouldn't restore due to SmartSwitch application errors, my Google One backup was lost but luckily my Samsung Cloud backup worked enough - I refuse to try again and risk losing all my data.  I hope Samsung has a reasonable method.

0 Likes
JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
They do have a reasonable method. You follow directions instead of doing it your way. Read the instructions.
coffee1978
Halo
Options
Discussions

Thanks.  What happens to users where the beta install/upgrade fails?  or their phone reboots constantly or simply stops working?  The reasonable method is unreasonable.

0 Likes
JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Did you follow ALL of the directions before installing?
0 Likes
JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't follow the directions which is why you find yourself in the predicament you're in. Hence, the reasonable method is more than reasonable, you just can't follow directions. Own it
TopherLee
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
In that instance, since they opted in, they would simply reflash the previous version, then proceed to the Beta Update again, and reinstall... If you have Samsung Cloud, then reinstall the Beta version, perform a factory reset, and re-download from Samsung Cloud...

At this point, it sounds like that may be the only option, but I'm glad to help...
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @coffee1978 ,

We see you have have deregistered from the program successfully.  Are you still receiving update to beta software ? Please DM us if you are still facing the issue.

Rergards,

One UI Beta Team.

TopherLee
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Did you get it to work without re-downloading, reinstalling the beta, and withdrawing from the Beta, then reflashing the previous OS?

If so, can you let us know, so if the issue comes up again, I may be able to help someone else out? Thanks.