Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

eSIM issue

(Topic created: 10-04-2021 10:25 AM)
aperezdd
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Hi, one UI 4 beta brought eSIM support to my galaxy S21 ultra so then I decided to give it a shot and try it with T-mobile, the very first time got an error adding the eSIM profile but then I scanned the given QR and let me continue, everything worked fine but never got signal, also called my carrier and was told everything was working fine from their end, even removed and added again the eSIM profile successfully but didn't work and went back to my regular sim card, any thoughts? 
9 Replies
jdunk312
Comet
Options
Discussions
It's still in beta
0 Likes
usersujhEuP9p7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Same problems here. Tmobile US seems to be also limiting their esim support so probably not ready yet.
0 Likes
rdinsf
Halo
Options
Discussions
Not a problem from T, -mobile end. I have physical T-mobile SIM and eSIM on same phone. See my earlier post in this thread that describes how to get it working
0 Likes
userQRDQyRqyH9
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Known issue, try again after Beta2
0 Likes
MrG21
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Tmobile lies
0 Likes
rdinsf
Halo
Options
Discussions
This is a defect with the beta, but there is a work around. Once you have installed the eSIM, install a physical SIM from a carrier other than T-mobile. It does not have to be an activated SIM. The phone will then reboot, and after the reboot the eSIM will work. The eSIM will then continue to work, even once you remove the physical SIM you inserted to cause the reboot.
0 Likes
Solution
Dingodown
Comet
Options
Discussions
Had the same issue. Tmobile said 2 Sims were associated with the phone causing a conflict when registering on the network. They said they removed a sim and refreshed my connection. A reboot and within 30 minutes all was back to normal. Not sure if they were blowing smoke but hey it works.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Dingodown ,

Thank you for updating community on your resolution. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
LandonEng
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I have the same issue with my S21 running the beta 2 firmware, but can get wifi calling to work, just not voice and data. When I called Tmo, the tech support agent (who was very knowledgeable) said she was unable to remove the non-used sim from my account. Waiting on a callback and will update if I get it resolved.

0 Likes