Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

esim support

(Topic created: 11-23-2021 08:14 AM)
Jsan5055
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I finally have esim support for my note 20 ultra but, I was wondering if there is anyway to switch from a esim back to a physical sim?
10 Replies
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Call your carrier. I had a physical sim and no esim. I got the support and saw the update and didn't mess with ut
0 Likes
Jsan5055
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I didnt switch to esim yet because i dont need to just wondering.
0 Likes
youu
Comet
Options
Discussions
Just remember if u switch Sims during beta you might be kicked out of beta til final release
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
How isn't related to the device not the carrier
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
If it's the number then how does changing a sim mess it up. It's the same number just a different sim card
youu
Comet
Options
Discussions
I know but just to be on the safe and wait til after the beta if somethings wrong you know
0 Likes
pimpdaddy00
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I switched and ask I had to do was leave the beta and then rejoin with the new sim. I stayed on the beta the whole time. No need to downgrade
0 Likes
Options
Discussions

I always have used 2 numbers, a Canadian number and my US number. I've switched sims between my phone and my watch during beta all the time. Since my first beta test which was for the Note9. It has never affected the builds, as when ever there was a new build i would simply put my us number and get the update and vice versa. It only mattered that my phone was unlocked and was a US csc and my location is here in the US at the time of the OTA.

0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Jsan5055 ,

We recommend you still leave physical SIM on the device during the Beta Program as we do use the carrier code to allow access to Samsung Members Beta Version. Primary SIM card CSC is the one used to determine if the device  can use Samsung Members Beta version as well as FOTA updates. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team