cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: IconX 2018 low volume in one ear.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have also had this same problem. I sent mine back and Samsung replaced them. The new set worked great for a while and now one of the earbuds has low volume again. There is a big problem Samsung needs to fix here.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have also had this same problem. I bought it in November 2017 and this happens every 2-3 months.

Samsung replaced 2 times them and now the same problem happened again.

In the first time - 2 earpiece and charge box replaced.

In the second -

Before; They say, we will repair the right earpiece.

After; They could not repair and just they gave new right earpiece!

And now same problem with right earpiece again and I do not know what they will do.

I think this is a chronic problem!!!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's definitely a common occurrence with these earbuds. When they work right I love them, but they don't stay working correctly for long. I don't think I could recommend these to anyone until they come up with some kind of fix for this problem.

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys, have you tried changing the dominant ear from right to left or vice versa? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMichelle wrote:

Hey guys, have you tried changing the dominant ear from right to left or vice versa? 

Yes, with no change. My set has begun exhibiting this behavior now as well.  Wondering if this is due to a software update.  My right earbud seems to be functioning normally, while my left earbud is at approximately 50% volume.  

I have tried cleaning.  Resetting left earbud and re-pairing to my S8+. Changing exercise earbud from right to left.  Interestingly, after I first cleaned the left (basically just removing the cushion and scraping the screen with my fingernail) it worked normally for about 15 seconds, and then volume dropped off again.

The left bud CAN work normally, it just WON'T on any predictable basis.

Samsung, your silence on this issue is deafening, and seriously shaking my confidence in your products, and I have a LOT of Samsung products.  Can someone at least acknowledge that this is an issue and is being worked on?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the software up to date? The current version is R140XXUARC7.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue. Running most recent software. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I think it is time that Samsung acknowledge this problem and fix it. This is poor customer service. Good service is just as important as product quality.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this is just crazy - weirdly I get the low volume or even no volume from the left earbud, but its definitely not a cleaning thing as when I bluetooth them both buds work... when I run the music straight off the earbuds - no left bud sound... saying that through bluetooth the volume could be a touch better but still... I have also had issue with my gear fitpro2 - not tracking anything these days.. i've done the resetting I can do on both devices checked firmware etc.. nothing - Samsung this is poor as so many of your customers are suffering both with the watch and the earbuds... come on show some class and help us out... 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the heads up samsung, deff not gonna buy a product with no support.