Original topic:

Message Categories Broken by latest update

(Topic created: 06-19-2021 09:17 AM)
MrAtlantic
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The message Categories are ruined from the latest update because the suggestions feature attempts to add every single conversation in my inbox to the category... I can't add a single conversation unless I deselect the other 400+ suggestions...
7 Replies
MrAtlantic
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The update that we actually need is to allow us to filter conversations in categories away from the main inbox.
To mark categories as Read.
Etc
0 Likes
Jw-83
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Categories are asked to be set up in messages by using the + sign in the app. If this did not work, hit the 3 dot menu, go to settings, and turn on the conversation categories. You may be able to turn on read receipts by going into the chat settings section.

0 Likes
MrAtlantic
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
What do read reciepts have to do with anything?

I have categories set up.

A recent update added suggested conversations within already created categories.

You aren't addressing the issue.
0 Likes
Jw-83
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The read receipts was meant for someone else that I was making edits to my reply, must have put it in yours by mistake. I had an issue with the last update as well. It removed some people from certain categories and yes, I had to fix them one at a time so I can relate the problem. 🙁
0 Likes
MrAtlantic
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have to add them individually now...Screenshot_20210620-125840_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20210620-125832_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
MrAtlantic
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
They have to be added individually*
Deselecting 618 conversations isn't feasible.
0 Likes
Smew
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

1. What Note model do you have specifically?

2. What app is this? The OneUI stock Samsung Messages app? Try submitting an error report through the Samsung Members app if you're suspecting a software issue. 

2. What software build are you on specifically? (Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Build Number [last 4 characters])

0 Likes