Original topic:

Notification bubbles

(Topic created: 07-31-2021 02:56 PM)
userxF9lT4EVQc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I just got out of a chat session with Samsung customer service online, And then I tried the Facebook page help by messaging them, but no solution... They told me the same stuff, to go in and turn off these notification bubbles but there's no option to do so on my phone! 

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

Now, through some update I guess, there are suddenly these floating bubble notification things... I get them from my default messaging app, and Gmail and Google. I know how to get them off my screen each time individually, but I don't want them at all. They are invasive and I hate them! I just wanted to completely stop all together.

I have searched online, I have searched my settings deeply to find a way to disable this. I have nothing regarding bubbles or floating anything listed in any menu as an option to turn this off or on.

The techs tried to help me and passed it off to other people to see if they could help, and no one can because there's no option to turn these off in any menu in my settings. So something has been forced on me in an update and there's no way to get rid of it.

I've seen videos, I've read tutorials, and these people tried to help me in customer service. There is no solution if there is no option in my settings to turn this off. If only it offered me that option in my settings...

The last advice I was given was to take it to a service center. I live in a little town in Northern Arizona. To take it to a service center would be at least 100 mi away. Then there's the possibility that no one in that service center could help me, for the same reasons that I can't get a solution myself from chatting or online. So then I'm out the gas and time and I would probably have to pay someone to check out my phone. I really want to remove this bubble floating notification feature. Like I said, it exists and it is happening but there is nothing about how to turn it off.

What is Samsung going to do about that? I'm pretty furious. I'm not trying to take it out on customer service though because it's definitely no one there's fault - it's whoever the brainiac was that decided to make people have this on their phones and the people that approved it and thought it was a great idea.

In my online search, especially in Reddit, people are absolutely furious and hate the feature. It needs to go away! Please do not comment with something telling me to go into my settings and turn off floating notifications or bubbles because there's no option there to turn this off on my phone.

Thank you in advance to anybody who has a definite solution for this. There should be a patch or something that I could upload to my phone that would offer the option then in my settings to turn it off! Personally, I think that there should be a patch to remove it all together for all people who have these phones. I haven't met anyone yet that likes them and doesn't find them to be annoying.

0 Likes
11 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userxF9lT4EVQc Try this:

1. Open settings
  2. Click on Notifications
  3. Click on Advanced settings
  4. Click on Floating notifications
  5. Click Off
0 Likes
userxF9lT4EVQc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thank you, but there is nothing saying floating notifications. Nowhere is there that, or anything about bubbles and a place in my menu in my settings. I don't have that option. That is why I came here and posted what I did which says I do not have any options to turn it off.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userxF9lT4EVQc So you see something different than this?

Screenshot_20210731-173958_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210731-174018_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210731-174040_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210731-174050_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
userxF9lT4EVQc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yes. There's a menu, but it's missing anything about bubbles or floating notifications.
0 Likes
Je655
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Can you describe what happens when you click these bubbles? If they open the app in a pop-up view box smaller than your devices screen you might have turned on pop-up view.
Settings>advanced features>smart pop-up view.
0 Likes
userxF9lT4EVQc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If I click on them it opens. If I hold them down and move them to the remove x above that go away on a temporary basis. I have tried to turning pop-up view off and back on and it makes no difference at all. But thank you!
0 Likes
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
So smart pop-up view would be where you would go to turn that option off. Some apps like Google messages or FB messenger have that option within the app itself so you may have to turn it off within the app itself even though smart pop-up view is off.
0 Likes
userxF9lT4EVQc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thank you! I will give that a try and see how it works for me. It's just all of a sudden these things are showing up. I hope that helps with it!
0 Likes
userxF9lT4EVQc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
This is what made the difference! Thank you!