Original topic:

Secure folder note 9

(Topic created on: 4/23/21 11:36 PM)
userjXUEaCUsg5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I can no longer access the secure folder from a lock screen using dedicated fingerprint. I have to unhide and allow it to show on app screen. But then it doesn't prompt for fingerprint because phone is already unlocked.
Please fix
0 Likes
7 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

im not exactly sure what you mean.. share a screenshot? or submit an error report via samsung members app 

0 Likes
userjXUEaCUsg5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I figured out the second part of my problem. It was the lock timer for the secure folder. I can screenshot the first issue. I'll try to do a report.
0 Likes
userjXUEaCUsg5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The phone unlocks using dedicated fingerprint but unlocks to normal home screen NOT the secure folder.

Screenshot_20210427-110550_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

i thought dedicated fingerprint option is to use your fingerprints to unlock secure folder. i don't know if this option is meant to unlock it from the lock screen. 

unlock > home screen > secure folder > dedicated fingerprint > secure folder

i thought the above steps were the correct steps? 

0 Likes
userjXUEaCUsg5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yes. It works from lockscreen. Or it should.
0 Likes
userjXUEaCUsg5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I've been using it that way for a few years. **bleep** if they changed it. It's a hassle to open it from settings if you have the icon hidden. Doesn't work as well if that's the intended operation.
0 Likes
userjXUEaCUsg5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Please change it back to the bugged way. It's better having a hidden folder that's actually hidden from view and opens using only a dedicated finger from the lockscreen.
0 Likes