JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

dm initialization not ready

(Topic created: 11-10-2020 05:03 PM)
QJK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Every now and then when I check to see if there are any updates for my phone I get a message stating that "DM initialization not ready/ check sim or network". There seems to be no issue with my phone working properly but i'm just curious if this is something I should even be concerned about. Still love my note 9 and plan on keeping it a while longer as long as it works great.
12 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I get that occasionally and it makes me wonder if my SIM card is flaky. I'm on AT&T and been having problems getting updates.
QJK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
it must be an AT&T thing because that my carrier as well
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My last OTA update was in February. then nothing. After everyone else had updates I had mine updated with a factory reset by UBREAKIFIX. Then several more months go by and since then I've done 3 updates via ODIN. I've gotten that same error message many times. I think I need to talk to AT&T and see about checking/replacing the SIM.

View solution in context

userTIwG3ITARo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've been getting this error as well on AT&T.  I use my Note9 for both work and personal but recently I've been failing security scans.  Company requires Android 10, but I'm still stuck on android 9.  I check for updates daily, but no luck.  I've been a loyal samsung user (since note4) but with the lack of updates, I feel my next phone will be the iPhone 12.

Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Back up your phone using either Samsung Smart Switch, or to the Samsung cloud.  Then find a UBREAKIFIX repair center close to you and swing by there.  They can flash it to the latest version.  Didn't charge me a penny for it.  Takes about an hour or so.  Then restore data from  your backup.  

It's a pain, but will update everything to the latest version.  But if it hasn't updated in a while, it might still balk on the updating again afterwards.  I had them flash mine back in March of this year and it still won't update beyond that.  Finally gave up and use ODIN now.  

0 Likes
WilSmiff
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Having the same issues. Not sure if I should switch provider or phone company.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@WilSmiff wrote:
Having the same issues. Not sure if I should switch provider or phone company.

Swing by your carrier and see about a new SIM card.  

Members_BakR0cj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

So I was receiving this error also and just pulled out my Sim card and tried updating my phone and it worked with no issue. I'm also running off AT&Ts service, but both my Sim card and SD card were removed during my update.

0 Likes
user0LQT0gb75D
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm experiencing this issue now. Was there ever a fix?
0 Likes