cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luna
Constellation

Galaxy s7 decrypt sd card

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there I encrypted my sd card, but haven't been able to decrypted back. 

I call the no help samsung, for more than an hour for nothing.

I need to have the screen on in order to the phone to keep it working because once the screen goes off the decryption process stops.

The phone only has the option of mins. The most is 15 mins. Is there is another way?

Or have someone been able to decrypt a 32gb and on how long, because the most I could leave the screen on was 4 hrs and no luck 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userMtUx7CueCM
Constellation

Re: Galaxy s7 decrypt sd card

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Uninstall secure folder.. restart your phone. Everythings will be back to normal. Then you can re install secure folder

38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Luna! Thanks for being a part of Samsung Communities! 

I think I have something that will help you out that won't require you to stare at your screen throughout the decryption process. Android has a feature called "Stay Awake" but it's hidden in the Developer Options, so first you have to enable that. 

Go to: Settings>System>About Device and find where it says "Build Number." Tap that 7 times and it will tell you that you're now in Developer Mode. Then, go back to Settings>System>Developer options and find "Stay Awake" and turn that on. That should keep your device from falling asleep as long as it's charging at the time. 

Once you're done with all that, you can turn off Developer Options by toggling it to "Off" - Simple! 

Hope that helps you! 

NellyFrab
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tap it 7 times but nothing happen 😣 what else can I do

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everybody,

It's great having you here reaching out to your fellow Galaxy owners for assistance. We do recommend including additional information about your device. Such as the Full Model Number, Carrier, and if you are using an SD card that was previously encrypted from another device or was encrypted while in your current device. This helps the community to determine the best steps to provide you. 

user2mHjbNgjXt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there,

I have a little problem, I did reset my S7EDGE and cannot accessback my files on SD Card because was encrypted.

by the way the device is the same where I encrypted the SD card.

Is there any solution for the problem?

Thank you guys

userkf2EbW2NCX
Constellation

Re: Galaxy s7 decrypt sd card aftar you encrypt it

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I solve the problem and you can fix it easily right now

At First go to My files/sd card and then delete Android and LOST.DIR folders.

After that power off your mobile phone. Then push these 3 keys together. (Home_Volume up_power)

After that Wait for about 1 min and then you can see a recovery mode

Go to cash warrparition by volume keys and then push yes. Wait for few seconds and then push rebote system. 

Aftar that go to setting/lock screen and security/encrypt sd card and then push it. Wait for a few seconds and aftar that you can use your sd card again.

If this passage's helped you tell me soon!

Thanks

userbt4aj8elfx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userkf2EbW2NCX  

Would Your method wipe out all the data on there? All my old photos cannot be viewed now, showing a grey blank screen and explanation marks. I suspect it is because I am having this decrypting problem. This is the same phone I encrypted on. Please let me know as I am desperate to recover my photos. Thank you!

userezy0ReDMrQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THANK YOU.... THANK YOU.... THANK YOU.

IT WORKED!  : )

user5JknjhCspk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi There, recently i have upgraded from note 8 to Note 9 and I had encrypted my sd card in Note 8 after selling the phone I forgot to decrypt the sd card. I have some pictures on it and need some assistance with this as the details of the new phone is as follow: Full model number is SM-N960F  Please assist me, thanks in advance.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5JknjhCspk, >Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link:http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry Thanks! *Zell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.