cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userL9Ei4As44O
Constellation

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have S9 and i have this phone around 1 year but today i got a problem.The phone charging normaly when is on but when i power off the phone when i pluged in it vibrates and showing a drop of water and a yellow triangle and dosent charge.Can I fix this

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userL9Ei4As44O,

Thanks for reaching out.

I will gladly look into this for you.

Can you send a private message providing the full model code and IMEI so I can look into your warranty status? http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

Itztate94
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my dad had the same problem with his note 8, we bought a new samsung branded charger, and its worked just fine. and this was over a year

usereQAfwRnDsx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Moisture warning in S or A phones using a C or B connector.

If you are adamant your phone has not come into contact with moisture it is probably dirt on the charging contacts. These ports are really small but this is what I used.

100 x 2mm cable tie

2mm strip of kitchen towel

superglue

isopropol alcohol

Carefully glue the towel strip to both sides of the fine pointy end of the cable tie,

let it dry. Dip it in the isopropyl, carefully clean the contacts in the port without disturbing the centre prong or leaving any paper in it. Let it dry before plugging in to charger.

I can't be responsible for stupidity or no skills. but it certainly works for me.

Samsung_1M7pdrU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If it's under 14 days, take it back and get ur money back,. If not you will get a refurbished phone if they can't fix it

userkL8aYpPSFB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having spoken to Samsung UK I went through all the checklist with this fault and only the dreaded factory reset fixed the fault. Now I can plug my phone into my laptop and car usb ports and not get the error. Let's hope it doesn't repeat the fault!

usergNKSdEk4nV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I fixed mine by turning the phone off then taking a the end of a paperclip, with some tissue and jamming it in the port. Push it all around. Turn back on and was good to go. Hope this helps

Samsung_xLa1OP3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this too, it's a short glitch

Changing chargers fixed it for me

I kept getting it & had to shut off , then restart my tab s3 everytime

Finally figured out my charger was worn out

Samsung_t9gDy2u
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is seriously out of date

Samsung_ppfn8dK
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Air dry the charger port with a hair dryer or space heater this will get the moisture out