cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Issues-BEWARE THIS PHONE!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I just experienced this issue I lay my phone on Samsung charger every night. My Pelican case doesn't permit the lense to past the case. I got up other morning and put in my pocket when I went to a picture that morning I noticed that the glass that covered the lense was shattered. I took it my AT&T store and told me to call 1-800-801-1101. I called and said there no issues that would cause this and I must have dropped. She called the AT&T store and they said it looked as if it had been dropped. I don't know how they could make that determination. She said my best bet would be to file it under insurance. That's when checked here and found it has happened to others
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I absolutely agree!!!! I have owned many galaxy phones and this is the first one that has cracked on me..TWICE!!!!@

It is very fragile, be careful. The cost to fix it is more than the insurance deductible, so no matter what, it will cost $200 +

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I absolutely agree!!!! I have owned many galaxy phones and this is the first one that has cracked on me..TWICE!!!!

It is very fragile, be careful. The cost to fix it is more than the insurance deductible, so no matter what, it will cost $200 +

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I myself also just discovered this as well. I have had the Galaxy S3, 4, and 5 including several other phones over the yrs....I have NEVER broke a phone, let alone a screen. One small drop with this phone (Galaxy 7 edge) on a linoleum, it hit on the corner and screen is now cracked a crossed the top and down the middle. I seriously regret trying the edge and wish I would've went with the S7. Samsung refuses to acknowledge there is a problem, and it isn't covered by any kind of warranty even though the phone is only 2 mths old. Clearly the screen isn't as strong and durable as they are claiming and won't stand behind those claims either
Highlighted
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@angeleyes70 someone mentioned in the community that Corning had covered the cost of glass replacement for him. You may want to try it with them. 

http://www.corning.com/gorillaglass/worldwide/en/full-products-list.html

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you very much!!! I will contact them. Will let y'all know how it goes with them if success or not.
Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

good chances are that unit MAY HAVE been bad batched display chemical composition, thus corning via samsungs gotta fix it, BUT if they say impact, its closed case.

im onthedge
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately I got a response from Corning apologizing for my issues and all but they only supply the glass and do not replace it. Which I can understand. And I do believe as I have seen with other phones before that it very well could be a bad batch but rather than acknowledging that from the numerous complaints made with this phone with the description as it was when first being released (which I now find amusing how now in the description that no where does it even mention the gorilla glass or durability of the screen now), Samsung is denying any coverage on this $800 phone that has only been out for at most 3 mths for those that preordered. I could certainly understand if it was longer and harder impacts. But I'm finding so many complaints on this with minor drops such as mine, including when in cases with screen protectors. I have had everyone of the galaxy S phones and others. And have NEVER broke a screen on any of them. This I drop once on linoleum and it's cracked and now from the small cracks is now spidering over the screen. I am disappointed in the customer service and how Samsung is handling this situation. Atleast with apple with my daughters phone that cracked over night on her nightstand acknowledged there was a problem and replaced the phone. And that's Apple. I would've expected better from Samsung.  Especially also when the phone is also advertised as water resistant and I find a thread where someone's phone got wet and stopped working. And yet also with that Samsung doesn't cover that either claiming water resistant not water proof. So I'm curious to see what the better business bureau and attorney generals office will think of all this. 

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

im afraid to ask your next move, and is samsung doing repair or corning, or what cost. please if you have time reply.

im onthedge
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Corning is not repairing or going to have anything to do with the cost nor will my carrier-Verizon since I didn't have insurance on the phone and haven't carried insurance on my phones for yrs, since I have never had any issues like this before.  Samsung refuses to repair or replace the phone stating it isn't covered under warranty regardless of the description when I got the phone. The cost of repair through Samsung that I was told is $236.  I'm not done fighting this, but if I have no choice will have to pay the cost of repair, but will be reporting this to the BBB/attorney general office.  If it will help any I don't know but I can prove in my case it was a low fall, in a case and a screen protector, and be able to show with everything I have found that it has been brought to samsungs attention and knows that this is an issue with the phone.