cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashley35055
Constellation

Re: Samsung Internet App - Why Can't I Disable It?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I get its been a while since this post but while trying to share youtube tv the samdung internet app took over as it has done with other things also and chrome is my default so i dont understand. I am trying yo figure out how if not to disable it to not give it permission to take over or something. I have decent tech skills but i am by no means an expert and want to make sure i will still be able to use chrome if i take away internet permissions (if that's possible) of the internet that has the phones name or if 8t is the app put on here to receive the frequency and things that make up the internet shot from the towers? Also if someone from ssmsung reads this...While i dont understand the comments of it being their last samsung phone given the superior performance and advancedscience used as apposed to others phone (but could be not worth the price to them given it represents everyone being different  or there would not be any options. Assuming this isnt just a graphic represting the internet shot from the tower or wifi box used to simplify things like the old school computer with doz kinda then why have the option to set a default when its just going to pop up randomly and give no way out of it back to chrome without undoing what your trying to do anyway and not work when it does. I get wanting to try things iut to see if they will be popular and roll in money since completely stupid apps have gained popularity and made millions before so why not put it out there to see and even better if you truly think this is a superior internet or the vision of it anyway then good for you... However you cant even get into the phone at all without gmail and I've vslled Samsung to try go find away around this before to ne told to send the phone and the receipt i didnt habe becsused purchased on Facebook from a person i couldn't get in touch with after so may have blocked me to avoid my wanting to return it so you know its not going to beet Google in any way for this reason alone and maybe need to bark up another tree. I apologize for the length i dont expectvanyone to read all of this vut if your seeing yhis I just felt the need to explain I literally have no filter on my brain to keep me from saying whatever pols into my ADD brain which is why I hate tyoing on forums but needed to know how to make it stop so i can finish setting up youtubeTV so please let me knownif there is a default setting somewhere other then the main one in the setring on the phone can not use the theme I got if i use chrome only?

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ashley35055: Can I get the full model number of your device?

user86oEpAt2BI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is really infuriating. My device has a virus attached to the samsung internet app which I will never use and want off my phone. Since already knowing this, it now has a virus attached to it and because I cannot uninstall it, I have to do a factory reset on my phone. BIG LOSE SAMSUNG. Due for a new phone and it will not be Samsung. Ridiculous apps that no one will use and you force them onto our systems to take up space that is supposed to be "ours" but it isn't really is it... learn from the thousands of people saying the exact same thing... or fail. End of story. You've failed me. Who has time for a factory reset when they are busy with other things, just because of these stupid enforced apps. WASTE OF SPACE end of product loyalty.

violetderay
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would love to get rid of this browser, it just takes up space. Samsung would be smart to let us uninstall pre-loaded apps. Definitely my last Samsung phone, Apple here I come!

user5xg6ZZAIS5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Annoying app that continually notifies me of Facebook notifications despite having fb app installed which already notifies me. It also takes me to the online facebook site instead of opening the facebook app when I do click on a notification. GET RID SAMSUNG!

Lenny White
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It's become a daily ritual for me, constantly having to change my default browser from Samsung Internet back to Firefox. No matter how many times they change the default, I'll always change it back to Firefox. I love everything about my Galaxy S8 except the name Samsung! Another brand next time.
userEj1rMyMUcu
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im the opposite. I prefer the stock samsung browser over any of the alternatives. I know i am the minority though

userywS7isbJP9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Chrome is stock too. What's missing here is the option to choose ie, disable one. Having two browsers on one phone takes up unnecessary space.
userEj1rMyMUcu
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The battery life on s6 edge is mediocre at best so i tend to avoid anything google related which is near impossible on an android device i know, but the majority of the google stuff (including chrome) can be disabled. I feel my battery drains a lot faster when the google stuff is constantly polling resources in the background

Highlighted
sam8988378
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userEj1rMyMUcu wrote:

Im the opposite. I prefer the stock samsung browser over any of the alternatives. I know i am the minority though

What do you like about it?  What do you think it does better than any other browser?