cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userX3OcXjCN5g
Astronaut

Fast Charging not working after June 2019 Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've seen similar posts and none of them have had a helpful solution. I have three charging cables, all of which were able to accomplish fast charging before this update. None of which had any sort of issues before the update. I have checked and tried the following:

-Fast charging is enabled in the menu

-Chargers and charging port is clean

-Restarted

-Wiped Cache

Any other solutions worked for other people?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Fast Charging not working after June 2019 Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Buy a new USB-C cable, preferably a high-quality one, not one of those cables you find at the dollar store. Wire gauge DOES matter (AWG)...the lower the gauge number, the thicker the wire, and the higher the current it can handle. As a baseline reference, your USB charge cable should be 24AWG or thicker (cheap-o cables tend to be 28AWG, or even thinner). A 10AWG wire is MUCH thicker than a 24AWG wire and can handle much more current through it.

The longer the cable, the thicker the gauge needs to be... length of cable increases resistance which in turn impedes current and can slow down charge rates. A 1-ft long cheap-o 28AWG wire might fast charge your S10, but a 3 ft cable of the same gauge may not. In other words, use shorter cables unless you must have a longer one...if the cable is lengthy, 3 ft or longer, pay close attention to the gauge of the wires used in that cable.

I've used many USB-C cables with my S10 and get a fast charge with all of them. 99% of the time the cable is the issue.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
userL8KGm6zGmc
Astronaut

This has happened to me too I have the s9 and still the f...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has happened to me too I have the s9 and still the first cord that came with it. Have you found anything out?

usercobTfaD9fQ
Constellation

You can only use Samsung Chargers and cables in order to...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can only use Samsung Chargers and cables in order to get fast charging. Meaning you can only buy from Samsung.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: You can only use Samsung Chargers and cables in order to...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercobTfaD9fQ wrote:

You can only use Samsung Chargers and cables in order to get fast charging. Meaning you can only buy from Samsung.

Although using Samsung chargers and cables is highly recommended, other quality chargers and cables are available which provide fast charging.

userLNut9dJBUB
Constellation

Re: You can only use Samsung Chargers and cables in order to...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's not true, you can use any fast charging enabled wire and plug. I've been using a Anker one for years and never had a problem before the update

@usercobTfaD9fQ wrote:

userYlWPzh8lLc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, it did the same to me, I tried almost everything with no success. What I did I put the phone to fridge for 10 minutes and fast charging worked!!! It seems that certain conditions must be met, including to the battery temperature.

userLNut9dJBUB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine has started doing this today, any luck with answers? 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Buy a new USB-C cable, preferably a high-quality one, not one of those cables you find at the dollar store. Wire gauge DOES matter (AWG)...the lower the gauge number, the thicker the wire, and the higher the current it can handle. As a baseline reference, your USB charge cable should be 24AWG or thicker (cheap-o cables tend to be 28AWG, or even thinner). A 10AWG wire is MUCH thicker than a 24AWG wire and can handle much more current through it.

The longer the cable, the thicker the gauge needs to be... length of cable increases resistance which in turn impedes current and can slow down charge rates. A 1-ft long cheap-o 28AWG wire might fast charge your S10, but a 3 ft cable of the same gauge may not. In other words, use shorter cables unless you must have a longer one...if the cable is lengthy, 3 ft or longer, pay close attention to the gauge of the wires used in that cable.

I've used many USB-C cables with my S10 and get a fast charge with all of them. 99% of the time the cable is the issue.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

userjVDYRjod4M
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem now -  but it didn't become a problem until after the update.  ALL of my USB charge cables are Samsung and new. Phone will not fast charge. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can take the phone by any local uBreakiFix for an evaluation. They are a Samsung authorized service center. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/