cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Software Update S10 Stuck on android 9

Hello!

My S10cis still on android 9 how can I get the android 10 update. Is it safe if I use odin and different firmware? I know how to use odin but I don't know if its safe for my phone I don't wana root it.

Screenshot_20200711-170701_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200711-170718_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200711-170733_Software update.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: Software Update S10 Stuck on android 9

Who is your carrier? And the last 3 letters of your S10 phone model number might indicate that too.

I have an unlocked S10e from T-Mobile, and I have newer versions as of 7/2020 (see image).

You might want to post a copy of this on your carrier's forum.

S10e_software.jpg

Highlighted
Sun

You'll need to reach out to your carrier as it is up to the carrier to send out updates when they are ready. You can try a factory reset to refresh the entire device and start out as new. The update could possibly present itself after you do that. Just make sure to back up all of your content to the cloud or an sd card. If that doesn't work then your carrier can send you a replacement phone through warranty which you shouldn't be charged for. I hope this helps.
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted

did you try smartswitch? you can download it off of your computer. samsung.com/smartswitch
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

hello @Sailor1 

I know the S10 was updated to Android 10 some time ago, but it's always a good idea to double check with your carrier that they have released Android 10 for your device, as stated by @JoshQ . I know the large cell phone carriers released the update about the same time, but the smaller more local cell phone carriers are slower to release the updates.

So if you have checked with your carrier and they have released the update, definitely try updating with the Smart Switch app as @Jamess467 . You will need to use a computer and download the desktop version of the Smart Switch app at:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch 

then once you download the desktop version onto your computer, you open the app and connect your phone and you should be able to check for an update that way.

Now, if that doesn't work, I suggest you take your phone to your local UBreakiFix shop and have them update it for you. They are an authorized Samsung repair shop and they also do firmware flashes and updates. They can run a diagnostic check and see what's preventing your phone from updating and do the update for you. Hope this helps!

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!