cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Face unlock is slow and sometimes doesn't work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? 

-If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Galaxy A71 and I find that my phone has to be held away an arms length and the face unlock works fine. If I have hold it close to my face it doesn't want to unlock. But if I hold it back an arms length it seems to unlock about every time. I think there's some kind of a timer for it so that if your not looking at it in a certain amount of time it won't work. But try to hold it back a ways. I'm not sure if that is a solution but seems to help me with it. Also when I did take the picture used for face unlock I made sure to do it with plenty of light I actually turned on a brighter light and that seems to help it some.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's odd with face unlock sometimes I will try to use it and it won't work, and lightning has some affect it too. I notice being in a room with low lightning I have trouble a few times. I was out in the sun and it opened quick. I think maybe the one U.I. 2.0  software on the A71 is like that. I'm hoping the one U.I. 2.1 helps out a little with it when we get the update.

@Weeman wrote:

Anybody have issue with the Face on unlock slow somtimes, other times doesn't detect face have to try a few different angles then it works??

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Anyone having a problem with the facial recognition after this new update. Mine always worked till after the update. I've erased it and did a new facial ID. Still the same. I've wiped my cache partition. Any ideas? I have tried it in safe mode as well same thing. I have a S20 Ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what carrier? and whats your software version? (setting - about - software info - baseband ver)

mine seems to work fine. never got frustrated for face recognition before..

you can try download samsung members app and submit a ticket there.

Astronaut

Re: Re: Face unlock is slow and sometimes doesn't work

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1UI 3.0 AT&T
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am new to my Samsung S20 Ultra 5G. I have set up 2 face IDs. 30-40% of the time it does not work.
what options do I have?
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same issue maybe it's the gorilla glass protector? will that cause an issue?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

Samsung might be able to tell you if something is wrong with face recognition.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
face recognition unlock is not consistently working on the note 20 5g ultra but on my note 8 the iris phone unlock works every time without fail after initial turn on or restart. Besides when it does work or shall I say actually turns on it seems to be very finicky I end up having to use password or pattern. I think Samsung should focus only on iris recognition only, but if their testing shows a stronger security performance than iris well so be it just make sure it works every time.