JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No one can unlock (carrier) my S20, AT&T/Samsung no help

(Topic created on: 11/30/20 3:50 PM)
AlexJ88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I purchased the S20 from Samsung. The website asks if you want unlocked or set to a carrier. I selected AT&T since they are my carrier. Now I'm trying to leave AT&T and for some reason they can't unlock it (getting the "Looks like the IMEI number you entered doesn't match an AT&T device). I've made multiple calls AT&T support and they suggest calling Samsung because they can't unlock it. Samsung says they have no way of unlocking it and to call AT&T. The phone is completely paid off, I don't know what to do. Literally just got off the phone with an AT&T csr who told me she would make a ticket and I'd hear from them within 48 hours. It took 5 minutes, I got an email saying "We are unable to complete your request at this time due to the following reason: The IMEI provided is not a valid AT&T IMEI". I can't seem to get anyone from either company to help. I don't know what to do and I'm beyond frustrated. How can I get this phone unlocked??

0 Likes
JUMP TO SOLUTION
18 Replies
AlexJ88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for the replies @Wassim . The 3rd party site I used was able to provide me with an unlock code and it worked perfectly.

0 Likes
AlexJ88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I'll have to find a reputable place and give it a shot. Thanks for the idea.
0 Likes
CalderCay
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
AT&T requires you to pay off your phone and be active on your service for at least 60 days.

However, AT&T still requires you wait fourteen days to make your request - AT&T must unlock it if locked ... so has the 14 day wait been satisfied?

Something to keep in mind - some phones destined for AT&T and T-Mobile don't include CDMA modems, so can't be used for voice service on Verizon or Sprint.

Also, have you done an IMEI verification?
0 Likes
AlexJ88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Phone was purchased through Samsung, has been on AT&T since March, and multiple AT&T customer support reps have all verified my IMEI number. I'm currently trying to go through a third party because no one at AT&T or Samsung is willing to help. I hope this other company is able to do it.
0 Likes
Wassim
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Alex where do you live
0 Likes
AlexJ88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I live in the US, Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia. I've currently got a company, officialsimunlock.com, working to unlock it (I don't have high hopes but my fingers are crossed lol).
0 Likes
Wassim
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
0 Likes
GabyBabyur5150
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
1. replace your sim card and try another sim(gsm) att is gsm. if it works your phone is unlocked.
2. download app PhoneInfo from play store for more info to help determine if phone is/has been rooted, verify imei,etc.
0 Likes
Wassim
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
his phone is a carrier locked nether at&t or Samsung is helping him to unlock it he bought it from Samsung