cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S20+ Camera issues?

I got my plus on Monday (upgraded from s9+), finally was able to play with the camera in my normal setting (I take a lot of photos of dogs for my job) and I am not very pleased... hoping I'm missing some settings, or if this is some kind of hardware issue or something?

This is all in default / auto mode and all outside with good sun light.. I haven't adjusted any settings... Taking photos in general seems pretty sluggish; like there's a pretty noticeable delay from when I hit the shutter button to when the photo is taken. Since I'm taking a lot of photos of moving objects this creates way more blurry shots than normal.

Also, it did this weird thing with this dog's tongue/nose where it's really pixelated / over sharpened, which never happened on my s9 (photos below).

I'm seriously missing my s9 at the moment and debating trying to refund my purchase.. does anyone have any advice to help? Is this normal or is there some settings I need to change? My main reason for upgrading was a better camera as I use it daily for photos at work & home.

xbbvjQx.jpeg3vDfZYP.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: S20+ Camera issues?

@userHVfK64XI7a wrote:

I got my plus on Monday (upgraded from s9+), finally was able to play with the camera in my normal setting (I take a lot of photos of dogs for my job) and I am not very pleased... hoping I'm missing some settings, or if this is some kind of hardware issue or something?

I'm seriously missing my s9 at the moment and debating trying to refund my purchase.. does anyone have any advice to help? Is this normal or is there some settings I need to change?

for testing purposes, have to you tried other camera apps?

gcam, open camera, google, etc.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S20+ Camera issues?

Hiya, the S20 shoots at 12MP as standard. you can try switching it to 64 MP and you will see a vast improvement in both quality and Shutter timing. you can change it by In the camera app look at the top row of icons in portrait orientation. Normally, you will see one that says 3:4, referring to the aspect ratio of the image. Tap this and select 3:4 64 MP from the menu which appears.