cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

US Unlocked Version ESIM Update?

Will the unlocked USA version of the S20 get the update for the Esim option?

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: US Unlocked Version ESIM Update?

No.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hmm Samsung support emailed me saying there will be update

Highlighted
Constellation

Not sure, I heard that also there would be a update

Highlighted
Constellation

Specs indicate this supports eSim. So may need to just wait for firmware update to activate.

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-s20/specs/

Highlighted
Constellation

Notice how Samsung has conveniently updated the specifications page after most of us are out of the return period... They took the mention of eSIM out of the Single SIM model specifications and added *Most support dual SIM using eSIM, but is not currently supported in the US. I hope they stick to updating the software to enable soon, that is the ONLY reason I bought the S20+

Single SIM model: one Nano SIM and one MicroSD slot (up to 1TB)

Dual SIM model (Hybrid SIM slot): one Nano SIM and one Nano SIM or one MicroSD slot (up to 1TB)

• *SIM card sold separately. Availability of Dual SIM may vary depending on country and carrier.
  • *MicroSD card sold separately. Availability may vary depending on country and manufacturer.
  • *Most Samsung phones support dual SIM functionality. The Galaxy S20 contain an eSIM inside the phone that can be used as the second SIM. The eSIM that is included on these devices is not currently supported in the United States.
Highlighted
Constellation

That's what made me send my S20 Ultra back.  I was misled to believe there was an eSIM on the new devices.  

And why is there no eSIM availability in the US?  Almost every carrier supports it.  I heard that Verizon doesn't like sharing phones with other carriers, especially if they don't sell 2 phones for 2 lines.  However, Apple will do what Apple wants and doesn't care what Verizon wants, yet, Samsung won't do the same.  

People want dual SIM features, especially in the US.  Samsung should give their customers what they want & need.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

When will we finally have esim in the US unlocked version?

Highlighted
Constellation

If Samsung doesn't address this soon, I'll simply move on to  a Google Pixel 4. They have e-sim working with US carriers. Not my preferred phone, but one simply gets tired of all the bull from Samsung 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I may have to do the same thing. ESIM is such a useful feature while Samsung simply refused to enable it to US customers.