Original topic:

Why is Samsung forcing a Google default password?

(Topic created: 02-06-2024 10:34 PM)
userSmrtCookie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Hi there.
I have the s20. Unfortunatly, Samsung's recent updates are forcing set a default app now when autofilling passwords? Is anyone else experiencing this problem???

Although I'm one of the people in the USA that actually uses my Samsung wallet when I can at locations, it seems everything with the updates are pushing the Samsung phones as if they are partnered with Google. I use about 5 different internet browsers (for different countries and emails) but updates forced us to choose one default browser. Now it almost defaults to the Google wallet and browser if I'm not careful. I'd just like to know if this a permanent problem. If so, are there any app work arounds anybody knows of?
0 Likes
2 Replies
PeterPhamous
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Install "URLCheck" by TrianguloY from the play store, you can set it as your default browser and it can act as an intermediary that allows you to modify the link (remove tracking etc) as well as select the app/browser that should open it
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@userSmrtCookie What exactly are you seeing? Screenshots help a lot. I've never experienced this problem. I have used 1Password for years with no issue. 

You can set which password manager you want to use in phone settings -> General management -> Passwords, passkeys, and autofill -> Preferred service. 

0 Likes