JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

read receipt, delivery receipt, and typing status

(Topic created on: 12/29/20 8:21 PM)
stephvcn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

My husband and I have both updated our Samsung s20 ultra in the last few days. Since update we no longer can see our read, delivery receipts and typing status. We have checked both phones to ensure they are turned on. Still not functioning. How can this be resolved?

userhWlrWm2cCj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

This fix doesn't work. There is no option to toggle on "show when read". The only options are to "show when delivered"! Try again please!

exh40176
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
when I click on Text Messages in the settings the only option is View Messages on Sim card. and the multimedia messages doesn't have the "show when delivered" option. Other text messaging apps have it though.
Options
Galaxy S20
I have NONE of those options checked because they are just extra useless notifications that aren't needed.

this feature doesn't notify you like those options do.

my s10e when I used it before my s20 like I said has the feature and I didn't have these options enabled.
0 Likes
JayF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes, follow @JoshQ instructions and make sure both parties have it on.  My husband and I would have this issue because his phone kept signing him out of the "read receipt" settings for unknown reasons but now it works. 

0 Likes
userNjfgSgZkkQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Anyone else having the issue of no read or delivered notifications in text after last carrier update in May?

userybkC9bFBvU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

S10e user here.. Good. I thought it was just me screwing up my settings. I've tried everything I can think of to correct it, but hasn't helped. I need to correct this asap :tired_face: 

usersfjKeir2vu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Absolutely having the same issue with my S20 after the update. I power cycled my phone, checked my message settings, and verified that the recipients had their read receipts still enabled.

userTcigHIeHxD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes I am having the same problem.

Have tried various things but still not working

Samsung_eTCwiMM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Got my S20+ last month, and there is not an option to get read reciepts, very frustrating. 

smashleyy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
has anyone figured out how to fix this or are we waiting for another update?:sleepy_face: