Original topic:

Android System Intelligence False Incompatibility Error With Update Android 13

(Topic created: 12-08-2022 03:39 AM)
Ibuddy66
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Since the update to Android 13 and One UI 5.0, Android System Intelligence refuses to update.  It shows as incompatible and displays a message to contact the app developer which is Google.  I contacted Google who said this should not be happening and the app should indeed be compatible and is an essential and needed app that could be responsible for a multitude of errors people are facing since the update to Android 13 and One UI 5.0. They are escalating the issue currently as no troubleshooting steps fix the problem.   Even a factory reset will not fix the problem which is highly concerning.  They are guessing something is wrong with the release of the recent update the System Intelligence App itself.   Even after the November Security Updates and such this has occurred.  They said it is common in a Beta release. But NOT a full final release of an OS update.   They encouraged me to reach out to Samsung to bring this to their attention too because it could also be a misconfiguration on Samsung's end falsely reporting the app as incompatible.  They said to make sure not to disable the app while waiting for a fix right now because doing so will cause even more errors to the OS.  Something is definitely wrong here as I said they say it is needed for code functionality of the devices and could impact things like battery life, charging, sound, app integrations, system AI functions like app usage to know when to put apps to sleep and not resulting in high battery consumption, problems with the media player and modulation of Bluetooth audio (can cause a sort of flanger effect when not functioning right between the left and right ear almost like a rotating sensation), notifications being missed or improperly alerting when there are none, app crashes for various other apps, and a ton more implications all of which seem to be the chief complaints I've seen from users around the recent updates.  This could be the key problem here.  As I said it is being escalated by Google.  But Samsung also needs to be reviewing code to make sure there isn't a serious problem in their configurations for comparability with this app.  As I said it is essential and many parts of Android 13 will not function correctly or at all without it.   It has far reaching implications.   
- Ibuddy66
17 Replies
Ibuddy66
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Screenshots of the issue ocurring 20221208_053052_1000003026_1670495452.jpgScreenshot_20221208_045916_Google Play Store_1000003014_1670493556.jpgScreenshot_20221208_044241_Google Play Store_1000003013_1670492561.jpgScreenshot_20221208_051653_Settings_1000003023_1670494618.jpg
- Ibuddy66
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

You can attach the screen shots. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Ibuddy66
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Already did that... Was the first thing I did.
- Ibuddy66
0 Likes
Bevis3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the galaxy s 21 and I got my software update yesterday and I have the same issue. Android system intelligence says not compatible anymore.
Mikeyk101
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Looks like I also have this issue on a Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5g.
catsandmorecats
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
same problem on Galaxy Z flip 3
russrc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Fix
0 Likes
ong31398
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Same here, some applications aren't working properly or at all after the update

chiil
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Same, Bluetooth connects to LG surround speaker for a sec and then drops the connection.