Original topic:

Audio volume turns down when I receive a text notification

(Topic created: 01-07-2022 09:08 AM)
userameQU5krtk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

When I am listening to music either on my speaker phone or through Bluetooth on a speaker device, if I receive a text message it drops my audio to about half the volume. Even if I try and turn it all the way back up, the volume remains low. The setting on my phone will show it at max, there is nothing I can turn up, but the volume remains low.

I have found one thing that fixes it, but it is really annoying. In order to get my volume back to the level it should be at, I have to ask someone to send me a WhatsApp text message. A regular text will not fix the issue, but if I receive a WhatsApp message, my view goes back to normal.

This started happening about 2-3 updates ago.

8 Replies
Bobashop
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Mines is doing the opposite a notification of text comes in and my Bluetooth audio gets really loud after and I would have to readjust.
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

i believe this is a concept to alert you that you have received notifications. if you don't want this to happen, why can't you put the device on vibrate mode and listen to music? 

0 Likes
Bobashop
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
It did not have this behavior on Android 11. I don't mind hearing a notification during music the problem is that the actual volume changes after a notification is received.
0 Likes
bl8demast3r
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same issue here, Bluetooth volume will be stuck low until a notification comes in. Have you ever found a solution?
0 Likes
Bad Wolf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same issue on my S22 Ultra.

0 Likes
MrMeowgi1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
It still happening on the s21 ultra. But also my wife's A32 phone. But a regular text will bring the volume back up on her phone though.
0 Likes
AceGoolah
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Same issue, when I receive a notification while my phone is connected via Bluetooth the audio quality drops and remains lowered until I receive another notification and then it returns to normal. It's really annoying.
0 Likes
userbm9LJleuvo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Happens to me as well, listening to music and suddenly get a Snapchat notification, the sound significantly increases destroying my eardrums but after I get another one it goes very quiet.

0 Likes