Original topic:

Fast charging appears to no longer work

(Topic created: 08-16-2021 06:26 PM)
Jacob1986
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
When I connect my phone to my vehicles it starts charging and then stops charging and going back and forth. Looking at the screen it seems to be switching between fast charging and normal charging.

I've tried this on a Ford F250 and a Honda CRV with the same result. The weird thing is I can plug it into the rear USB port on the Ford and it is fine but not fast charging. My assumption is that port doesn't have enough power for it so it defaults to normal charging. 

I've tried a Samsung cable and even tried a higher end cable that supports 10Gbps with no luck. Could this be a physical port problem or more likely a software issue?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Galaxyman117
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It seems like the port in the car is jumping in power rate, I would say just use the back one it shouldn't do any harm I can imagine it would but it's happen to me as well, I just switch usb ports and I'm good
0 Likes
Jacob1986
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
But it does this on my CRV too and it didn't use to. Also this prevents me from using Android Auto because it won't load it in the cars anymore.. I checked the charging port and no lint so either this has to be software related or my port may be damaged. If the port is damaged weird it charges but just no fast charging
Galaxyman117
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Ya thats odd, see if u can't test the port, but it's happen to me but doesn't affect my Android Auto
Jacob1986
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
So there wasn't any lint but I took a small cotton swap with rubbing alcohol and went in there. Some black stuff seemed to rub off the connectors and now fast charging and android auto is working.

My guess is the connectors to enable fast charging had something caked on them. Not sure how all that works but normal charging always worked
0 Likes