Original topic:

Galaxy S21 Verizon outgoing texts failing Randomly

(Topic created on: 2/16/21 1:35 PM)
Jamkat-S21-Ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Have been having issues with our NEW S21 series phones.  Mine an Ultra 256 (Verizon), my wife's a S21 5G (Unlocked).  We both have been having issues with random texts coming back as failed after 2 minutes.  The texts ARE going to the intended person,  but any further texts must wait till the 2 minute timer and failure notification.  Again this is happening on BOTH phones.  

Have gone through numerous sim cards from Verizon and have even had Samsung do an exchange for what they were blaming a hardware issue.  Well when replacement came and was activated, within 20 texts it was back.  Now waiting on her Verizon version.  My Ultra came as a Verizon version and I activated it on 2/14.  Well YESTERDAY (2/15) the Ultra began doing same issue. 

We have since gone back to my wife's S10e 4g and she has had NO issues since.  The sim card that was used for the Ultra came from my S20fe (Verizon),  again, never had one dropped text.  

Frustrated to say the least, ANY help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

17 Replies
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Suggestion, network reset

From settings >General management >Reset >Reset Network Settings

(BEAWARE THIS WILL UN INSTALL YOUR WIFI AND BLUETOOTH DEVICES AND AFTERWARDS YOU WILL NEED TO RE INSTALL YOUR WIFI AND BLUETOOTH DEVICES)

I also have a S21, & Verizon. I was unable to dial out, or send texts. Did this, & now I'm good
0 Likes
Jamkat-S21-Ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for the response.

I only tried to hit the highlights of what we have been going through.  There were multiple resets both network as well as complete.  

Verizon is blaming Samsung and recommends that we switch apps.  I have been using the S series since the 6's.  NEVER had an issue with the native messaging app.

Samsung tech has been of no help other than helping to arrange a return/replacement.

Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Did Verizon replace the SIM card ?.
0 Likes
Jamkat-S21-Ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Verizon has replaced the sim card twice in my wife's S21 5G and from different stores.  She has since gone back to her S10e with a new 4G sim card and she has yet to have an issue.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Jamkat-S21-Ultra 

My gut (and it's pretty big ;) tells me that this is a Verizon network issue.  If I texted enough that this issue bothered me as much as it seems to bother you them I would switch to either Google Messages or Message+.  With the pandemic and teleworking I tend to text a lot from my PC and both those apps have a much better PC interface that Samsung Messages and the Win 10 phone app.   of the two Message+ has the better PC interface because unlike Google or Samsung, the phone does not have to be connected to the PC so it is more reliable with less "disconnects"

Personally, I would change apps and check back once in a while to see if the issue resolved itself.

I currently use Samsung Message because it has an app for my Watch3 but I may change because I really never text from my watch since my phone is always with me.

Good Luck,

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
J251
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I agree with you Bill, my gut says it is a Verizon network issue because I had problems on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and I was hoping getting the S21 Ultra would make the problems go away. It did not.

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

On both phones would say to me a Verizon network issue.  I am not having any issue with my Ultra since  it arrived on Jan 28.

And yes I know it's frustrating but I don't have an answer for you.

Having said that, over the years I have gone through similar bouts of texting weirdness like you're having now and I just waited them out.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

yeah i think its temporary network issue or something

i have no problem sending/receving msgs with vzw

0 Likes
Jamkat-S21-Ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks all for the responses. 

I too might be able to buy it being a network issue, but today it started to drop calls on my S21 Ultra (Verizon).  I noticed the signal bars went out with an small 'x' next to it for a brief second.  This sim came out of my S20fe 5G (Verizon), which I had NO ISSUES with.  And again my wife is back to her old S10e 4G (Verizon) and has not had another issue.  

I want to believe it might be something with the Verizon network,  but more and more is leading me to an issue with the S21.  Switching apps shouldn't be the answer and now with calls being dropped.  Noticing the signal bars drop and then immediately recover seems VERY odd.  Especially when I had solid 4 bars before and after.  

This has been totally random, which is making finding a solution very difficult.  Am BACK on the line with SAMSUNG Tech again.

Please keep the suggestions coming, figure I can't break broke at this point, Rather than conceding ang going back to the S20fe 5G (Verizon)

0 Likes