Original topic:

How Can I Stop Samsung From Trying to Setup My Phone?

(Topic created on: 4/9/21 9:15 AM)
Sammix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I have had my Galaxy S21+ for three weeks. It is setup exactly as I like. It's a great phone.

Today, out of the blue, I received this notification in my phone's notification bar: "Your S21+ setup is in progress. Tap to finish your S21+ setup." When I tap on the notification, it proceeds to load the Samsung Smart Switch app, and the next screen asks me what device I want to transfer data from.

How can I stop Samsung from trying to setup my phone?

0 Likes
2 Replies
green5178
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21

I am not saying this will fix your problem but if the notification is from samsung switch have you tried uninstalling it?  If you need it in the future you can always just reinstall it.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

0 Likes
Sammix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

The notification came from Samsung System, which cannot be stopped, and it downloaded Samsung Switch even after I uninstalled it previously. Then it wanted to setup my phone. I have never seen such an aggressive app.

It insisted on moving apps and data from a previous device,  and when I cancelled that (by unloading the app from RAM) it came back and insisted on continuing to setup my phone. I had no choice but to let it finish its attack. At least it was over quickly. Now I'm going through the Settings app to see what this did to my phone. I feel violated.

0 Likes