Original topic:

Low Mic Audio on recordings

(Topic created on: 4/16/21 1:01 PM)
padawan_lp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello,
Since I got the S21, all my contacts complain that they can barely hear my voice notes (WhatsApp) even after increasing the volume to the maximum.
I tried listening to my own recordings and it's true, the volume is very low compared to my previous phone (S20).
If I point the bottom of the phone directly to my mouth, the volume is better, but not by much.
Is there any setting where this can be adjusted?
4 Replies
padawan_lp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Now, all of a sudden no audio is being recorded. Not even on Samsung voice recorder.
The weird part is that no audio is being recorded even when conecting my headphones with mic.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Does this only happen when you are voice recording?

There are a few things that can cause issues with the microphone on your phone or tablet. For example, an external device such as headphones may be preventing the microphone from working. Other times, you may hear a crackling noise, or sounds may be unclear in your recordings if the microphone is having problems. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001249/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
padawan_lp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, with voice recording only
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Have you tried clearing the cache for Whatsapp and the Samsung voice recorder? Go to settings > apps > whatsapp or Samsung Voice recorder > tap on force stop > then tap on storage and clear the cache

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes