Original topic:

S21 will not fast/super fast charge.

(Topic created: 10-14-2021 04:10 AM)
ambernicole8489
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
So the other day I went to charge my phone and once I connected the charger it said charging (I was using my original charger that came with phone ) then literally 2 seconds later it wasn't charging anymore. I tried 6 different charger and it would not charge ( my husband has a note 10 and my son the s20 all the chargers work fine on their phone's) so I went and purchased a wireless charger and that was the only way my phone would charge. Then my son happened to connect the cord that come's with the wireless pad to my phone and it worked but will only cable charge it ( it is a fast charge charger) So I tried the other charger some work (only cable charge not fast) and some say slow charge, but work fine on the other phones. I have toggled the superfast and fast in settings turned them off and on and even restarted my phone with no success.,  any suggestions? I really don't want to get a new phone I've only had it since Jan. 
9 Replies
xtrapimpy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Make sure there is no pocket lint in the charging port. I had this happen to me, once I cleaned the port it would fast charge again.. I hope this helps..
ambernicole8489
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you I will try this. How did u clean your port anything specific?
0 Likes
xtrapimpy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I had to find a very tiny pick AND CAREFULLY picked the link out.. making sure not to damage the charging contacts.. that and some compressed air.. good luck.. let us know if it worked..
Options
Galaxy S21
compressed air works great without the risk of physical damage
blessinguponyou
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
U can go in settings an turn it on might help
0 Likes
ambernicole8489
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I tried that it was already on, so I switched it off and back on again after restart my phone.
0 Likes
I5HGate
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
You're not alone I seen someone else with this post
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Which phone are you talking about?  The S21 line did not ship with a charger.

S21 phones require power supplies that conform to the PD standard.  Chargers that are labled "Fast" may charge older phones and not be compatible with the S21.

If it was working and stopped, it will likely be either the cable or the power adapter itself.

This charger will Super Fast Charge your S21 (cord not included)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-25w-super-fast-charging-wall-charger-usb-c-black/6445194.p?skuI...

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

bill-e made a great point. But the wall adapters that was used for the old phone will work for the newer models just fine. The only thing to note is the Amp&Voltage has to be high enough, in other word... high wattage adapter.

You need >15W for Fast Charge and i think it was something like > 20W for Super fast... can't remember exactly but it's something of that sort....

Cleaning the port is also important, just be careful not to use metal picks as it could cause shorts and burn the internal component. 

If these don't help then you may have a bad charging port, in such case visit UBreakIFix for a checkup. BatteriesPlus is another option.

0 Likes