Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy 21 Ultra/ sound quality horrible

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Kaplando
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello,

My phone, both speaker and close to ear, has horrible sound. It sounds like the output is vibrating of the glass backside, so it has a lot if interference. 

The Bluetooth, via buds/earphones, is fine.

I miss my Galaxy 10+

I have tried adjusting sound (and adaptive) to no good conclusion.

Has anyone experienced this,born have any remedy?
0 Likes
6 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Try it in Safe Mode and if it's still horrible then there is something wrong with your phone and it needs repair.  Every time I listen to content through my phone's speakers I'm amazed at the quality.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
Kaplando
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It still sounds horrible. It is brand new. Why would I have to take it somewhere for repairs? I will switch to iPhone before I pay for repairs on a phone less than a month old that cost me almost a $1,000.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

You're phone should be under warranty.  Go into Samsung Members App, click on Get Help, and at the bottom of the page that opens click on Request Service.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
Options
Galaxy S21
You would have to do the same thing with an iPhone. There are always going to devices that slipped through quality control.
0 Likes
Kaplando
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes. But, IPhones/Apple stick to their Warranties. Samsung was going to make me send them my phone and be without one for almost a month, while they "repaired" it.

A new $1k phone, less than 5 weeks old should require no repair. And, if it did, is reasonable to expect me to be phoneless for almost a month AND send it with all of my data installed -- up to including banking information? NO!

I am still on discussion with SAMSUNG CARES, and may have found a solution using their online diagnostic tools. If I have actually remedied the situation, I will update in this thread and instead of a complaint, I will likely offer a solution to possibly help others.

Thank you, all, for your suggestions and input -- it was helpful.
0 Likes
Kaplando
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It was helpful in that it confirmed there is an actual problem, but it has not resolved the fact that I still have a "tinny like static) on all calls or playback using the phone speakers. I do have very clear audibles when using Bluetooth headphones. But phone calls are very frustrating to both the call and myself as I cannot understand what they are saying most of them time which causes them to have to repeat themselves frequently.
0 Likes