Can’t answer incoming calls on s8 after 3-29-19 update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can’t answer incoming calls on s8 after 3-29-19 update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend contacting your carrier regarding this concern. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend contacting your carrier regarding this concern. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

userEPzFXTmqgT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not a carrier problem. It's an update problem. It took away the green answer swipe. It was hard enough to swipe before. Now its impossible. Bring the green button back please

user9d9On3eKdC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungDarius - please change the status of this issue, it is NOT SOLVED!!! This is not a carrier issue it's an update issue. I am having the same problem - 3 mths after the worst update ever and I still can't answer my pnone half the time (sometimes it actually works). Please show some concern for your customers and provide a real solution!!! Because of this problem and that the update changed the entire appearance of my phone - I now hate it!!! Phone looks like a child's toy.

userhg2zZVOcVg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user9d9On3eKdC wrote:

SamsungDarius - please change the status of this issue, it is NOT SOLVED!!! This is not a carrier issue it's an update issue. I am having the same problem - 3 mths after the worst update ever and I still can't answer my pnone half the time (sometimes it actually works). Please show some concern for your customers and provide a real solution!!! Because of this problem and that the update changed the entire appearance of my phone - I now hate it!!! Phone looks like a child's toy.

Turn on the phone's Home Screen. Pull/drag down from the top of the screen to display the Settings icon. Click on Settings and then on the Notifications icon. Make sure your "Do Not Disturb" is set for the correct times! Or, just try turning it off. Just remember that 12 AM denotes after-midnight and 12 PM denotes after-noon. Call yourself. Hopefully, this will solve your problem. It did mine... after two months of pulling my hair out before realizing that I had it set for 12:20 PM to 7:45 AM. S T U P I D me.

Highlighted
usertz9YRNCu1B
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why would I b sure to accept as solution? What kind of craziness is this... not a good answer n the solution should b at my fingertips n not 2 miles away.  So sorry I cannot except ur solution that's not a solution n no solution should b hid from u just because of an update which r neverending n always of very little use.  It's like going to Walmart who r constantly moving things around so u have to move around in there longer which they think it's a good thing n ppl will buy more but truthfully the headache only gets worse n ya cant wait to get out, there's not much worse than a Walmart headache(in this area so to speak) but the same goes for useless updates n now I cant answer my phone, it rings but nothing comes up on the screen n my volume seems to b controlling media only.. man I've been inside this phone n every corner.  Does the the answer really lie at Verisons store? Have u been there? Most of those who work there r not computer savvy so to speak or even have a clue what ur asking, they just sell....so now we go to support right,  really?? I'm usually full of joy n not so pessimistic but u know, someone knows right? Laugh with me or cry with me! Please please

usera7lb5DlPOk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same problem, but was able to resolve it today.  The phone would ring, but the little window to accept or reject the call did not appear.  The only way to answer was to swipe down and answer the call through the notification, if I could do that quickly enough.  If I was in my car, I could also answer through the car's interface.  The problem for me started maybe a week or so ago, when I noticed my scheduled Do Not Disturb (at night) was no longer working - I was getting buzzed at all hours.  I cannot recall if I manually turned on Do Not Disturb after that, but when I checked today, Do Not Disturb was turned on.  I turned that off, and then I turned on my scheduled Do Not Disturb.  Calls are now coming through again, with the ability to answer.  Hopefully Do Not Disturb will still work as scheduled at night.

userRSV9TYalLB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue, did you get this issue resolved? I'd do what did you do.

userT6qVrSuRjo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Instead of pressing answer or decline icons, SWIPE

userfnNWYnnZrM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Currently going through the same thing 😔 I have the phone in my hand and it never rings, every person that calls keep getting sent straight to voicemail