cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Reverse screen mirror

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it possible to screen mirror from a samsung 4k uhd led mu6300 series tv to a galaxy s8

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Reverse screen mirror

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's in the new Smart Things app, click devices in the lower middle , find your TV in the list and find in the menu "show TV on Phone".

Very unintuitive and buried away (used to be right in the swipe down home page) at least it's still available!!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend speaking with your television provider to see which apps are available for use.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm looking for the same feature. My SUHD Samsung TV was able to do this but my Galaxy S8 no longer shows the option.

Was this feature removed???
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user7zcrpl48N7, Thank you for reaching out to us to address your concerns. I currently use a Note 9 with Samsung Smart things to pair effortlessly between my devices.

Samsung Smart view will allow you to mirror between TV or the mobile device.

You can find the download for Smart view here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.smartviewad

Wanted to include a direct link to the Samsung Smart things located here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.oneconnect

Using Smart things ensure both devices are paired and connected to the same Wifi network and you should be all set!

Please reach back out to us and let us know if this resolved your concerns!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That is totally false. Smart View app is to show images and videos from the phone, on the TV. Smartview from swipe down icon is to mirror phone again on the TV.

The question is not about Smartview but the question is something else. It is about mirroring the TV, whatever it is showing, on a Galaxy cellphone. This was an awesome feature and it is now missing or I cannot find it.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe you're looking for the SmartThings app instead.  This is supposed to facilitate reverse screen mirroring, ie watching my TV from the bathtub via my phone -Galaxy S8.

My Samsung Smart TV was the first series that introduced the reverse mirroring feature.  However, I'm told that SmartThings app from Play Store is what allows ANY compatible TV to reverse cast TO phone like this.

Please let me know if this works for you. 

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@nekogenesis wrote:

Is it possible to screen mirror from a samsung 4k uhd led mu6300 series tv to a galaxy s8

Yes, I have and do mirror. As long as it's smart TV and wifi. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@benice wrote:

@nekogenesis wrote:

Yes, I have and do mirror. As long as it's smart TV and wifi. 

@benice yes It is one and both are connected to the same wifi

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@nekogenesis it looks like @benice has provided you a solution. 

@benice thank you for you communication with our customers in the community. We really appreciate it. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's in the new Smart Things app, click devices in the lower middle , find your TV in the list and find in the menu "show TV on Phone".

Very unintuitive and buried away (used to be right in the swipe down home page) at least it's still available!!

View solution in original post