Original topic:

Blood Pressure and ECG with Non-Samsung Android - Watch 4

(Topic created: 10-20-2021 03:22 PM)
userkxOJMqPIEM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

First of all, do not close this Post or mark it as "Solved" until you actually have a solution.

I recently purchased Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to keep a track of my blood pressure and ECG along and to use some other health-tracking features. However, after setting up the watch I found that both of these features are not available unless you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, which obviously nobody buys because of its pathetic UI, bloatware, and not so exceptional features.

It is extremely disturbing to know that a big brand like Samsung has resorted to cheap tricks to force people to buy their pathetic smartphones if they want to use all the features of something like Watch 4 which is actually good.

Moreover, you have not mentioned anywhere that half of the features of your watch won't work unless people buy your pathetic smartphones.

I want you to provide me a solution so that I can use all the features of the Galaxy Watch 4 I paid for, with a good smartphone (something that's not Samsung). I want to use the blood pressure tracking and ECG on a good android phone and I don't want to buy your pathetic phones.

Also, I don't want to use the modded software available on XDA. I want an actual solution from your company and an official application I can install on my android device.

5 Replies
Mach
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Keep dreaming.
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have an active 2 that only checks bp using my bp lab app, see if you can use that
0 Likes
userM1iRQipP4G
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung has not released their Bp software yet. I spoke to a rep yesterday its not FDA approved. Its not on Watch 4 so I returned the watch for a refund. False advertising. Technopro XDA software for the watch on You tube as you know. My issue is the same as yours. Will Samsung allow the download because its not their software. If the watch starts having problems and I need to return it for repair will Samsung refuse because of non approved software on their watch. Looking for a Software Approval from Samsung.

I had the same issue with Watch 3 and sent that watch back for the same reason.

Good Luck,

FrankD

0 Likes
Howard52
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well even with a Samsung note 20 - apparently one of their better phone I cant use the ECG monitor in New Zealand  ..  go figure  . . getting disappointed with company. .  might look on Aliexpress

0 Likes
userbuZZUzJX1o
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Huh???

0 Likes