Original topic:

Galaxy Buds+ and Note 20 Ultra 512GB

(Topic created on: 11/23/20 4:50 PM)
Tanogrus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey All, 

I've got the Galaxy Buds+ and am going through a process in getting these repaired.  I've tried cleaning the buds, have reset the buds to factory, and un-paired them,re-paired.  Finally came to the conclusion of having to send them in for repair.  I'm fine with that.  No problem.  What I don't understand is that I was told 'Our supervisor doesn't wish to speak to you' and 'Your IMEI for your Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G 512GB Model isn't recognized as a valid IMEI for your free headset'.  What's with this?  Why does an IMEI matter to the point that I don't get a free wired headset?  Nowhere that I've seen, or heard, that my phone is so special, that it doesn't get a headset.  I asked to talk to a supervisor, and got said 'My supervisor doesn't wish to speak to you'.  I'm truthfully apalled at this.  I'm not allowed to understand why my $1500 phone doesn't get a free wired USB-C headset to use while I wait for my Buds+ to finish going through a repair/exchange process???????  Does anybody have ANY resources that help me get that free headset?  

0 Likes
2 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi,

This is the watch thread / group. The Note 20 5G has its own group.

I think there are messages (maybe pinned)veiling you how to get your free headset.

I have the Note 20,too, and got the free headset via a promotional credit. Only thing was the Samsung website was out of the headset!! Got the credit but nowhere to use it!!

Finally, they came back in stock.

When I called (don't remember the number), they do want your serial number or IMEI. This is to insure you have a legal Note 20 5G.

Maybe you misread the IMEI, as it is a horrible number for customers. See if they will accept the serial number of such.

Good luck!
0 Likes
Tanogrus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Unfortunately, the IMEI was read numerous times to the agent. Went through to a supervisor and said 'Your Note 20 does not qualify.' How? I bought this through US Cellular.
0 Likes