Original topic:

Need to be able to uninstall, disable or hide apps

(Topic created: 10-17-2023 07:27 AM)
Crackin
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy watch 6 and I'm really struggling with being unable to even hide built in apps such as Bixby, the 4 different clock functions, Buds, Samsung Global Goals (What even is this and why would it be on a watch??), Samsung wallet and many others. Having all this bloat wear really impedes the user experience and not being able to even hide it from app screen, makes my app screen ridiculously cluttered after I have added the services I actually do use. This is a big issue for me and makes the product largely unusable. I will continue to look for a work around but if I am unable to find a way to remove, disable or even hide these apps, I will be returning the watch to the retailer.

4 Replies
steveo57
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
What I did was create a folder and put all those apps I don't use or want in 

TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Some apps such as global goals (which is just a community work together toward a common goal thing) can be removed through the wear management app on your phone. Other features, like clock functionality and Bluetooth device management, are core features of the device and cannot be be removed, nor should they be. Using the wear management app, just put the apps you don't want into a folder and put that on the bottom of your app tray.
Fedup123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

There should be a way to completely disable the apps users don't want. For example, if I want to use Google calendar, I should be able to delete the stock calendar and free up the space - not hide it in a folder!

DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Most of those a Samsung features that have been built into the watch's UI and are not bloatware.

You can always arrange those icons towards the bottom the app screen so that you don't have to scroll through and can ignore them.