cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Phone constantly sending data to watch

I have the galaxy active watch and notice that my phone is transferring data to the it every 90 seconds or so.  This interferes with other signals/connections I have (i.e. WiFi & calls) and is causing Spotify to stop playing songs and malfunction.

The battery life is also pretty much non-existent whereby it vibrates at least once per day to tell me I need to charge it.  This is annoying as is but given it takes two hours to charge then it's more than just an inconvenience.

I've really never read further to verify whether this is due to me not setting up the watch correctly or if it's just the standard funcitonality of the watch.  Given I've taken it straight out the box to my wrist it should be factory ready, i.e. in a place to function better than it currently is.

I'm tempted just to bin it given the issues I am experiencing.  When work calls are cutting out because of a "watch" it is rather embarrassing.

Thanks,

NM

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Phone constantly sending data to watch

Can I please get your full model number, baseband version, Bluetooth or LTE, service, provider, and the device your watch is paired with as well as the Android version on the device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Phone constantly sending data to watch

Hey,

Can I please get your full model number, baseband version, Bluetooth or LTE, service, provider, and the device your watch is paired with as well as the Android version on the device?

Model number: SM-R500

Baseband Version (of phone) C988BXXU4BTH5

Baseband version - I am not sure where to find this

Connected via Bluetooth

SP - O2 UK

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra

Android version - 10 4.19.87-19350896

Thanks,

NM