cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userczw9VqgfDJ
Asteroid

Gear S3 not charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally received my gear s3 frontier, and right out of the box it will not charge properly. When you sit it in the dock, it will start charging like it should, but will stop 30 to 60 seconds in. I have to remove it, and really set it to get it to start and stop again. With  the phone off, and dock on a fast charger, I'm getting about 1% gain with each time setting it on the dock. Has anyone else experienced this, and what ended up being the fix or solution? Thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Gear S3 not charging - Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear userQkpBwbSFYE, if the troubleshooting steps were not helpful then service repairs are recommended. You are welcome to speak with your retailer/carrier regarding possible steps they may have. But,Samsung offers a ship-in repair for both the charging dock and watch in order to have it evaluated by an authorized technician. For more information, please private message us here with the full model code and serial number of the watch: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

168 REPLIES 168
Honored Contributor

Re: Gear S3 not charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userczw9VqgfDJ. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
We certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well the smart phone you have it paired with and what you've already tried to fix it. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userfHpuWiMEx3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue.  I stopped wearing my Gear S3 Frontier for a week and now it will not charge using the wireless docking station.  I dont understand why it should matter what phone is it paired with but it is paired with a Samsung Galaxy S7.

userczw9VqgfDJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model SM-R760

I don't see base band,

Tizen version? 2.3.2.1

I bought a new Samsung dock, but no change. Tech support had no answer, so I initiated a refund, and have purchased another that should be here tomorrow. Funny that the replacement will arrive before the return label that was initiated 2 days sooner.

userczw9VqgfDJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh yeah, and paired with an s7 edge

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That sounds quite interesting. I would like to recommend checking the charging block and outlet you are using to determine if any external factors may be leading to what you are experiencing. 

Additionally, I would recommend a light reset of your Gear S3 by going to settings and about Gear to select reset and light reset. 

userczw9VqgfDJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have used more than 6 different charging blocks, probably more cables than that, 2 different docks, and done the light reset. Same results.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you attempted using a different cable or attempting to charge with an alternate wireless charging dock

userczw9VqgfDJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

like i said in my last reponse, i have used more than 6 different cables, and two different samsung wireless charging docks. I have tried atleast 6 different charging blocks as well. I fell more than confident that I have eliminated any and all outside possibilities.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend having your device set up for evaluation, as long as there is no damage to the device itself. You can set this up here: Samsung Service set-up or find a service center in your area to have your device and charging block evaluated by searching here: Samsung Service Center Locator

If you are located in another region, I would recommend checking here: Samsung Global Service