cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

HW-MS650 with SWA-W700 and SWA-9000S not connecting

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I started with HW-MS650, then added the Wireless Subwoofer SWA-W700, hard time to get it to set up. But finally got the Set ID to link up. Been working flawlessly for weeks now. I decided to complete the setup and add the SWA-9000S rear speakers, and can't for the life of me get it to work. It wants me to set the ID function on the soundbar, but it will no longer bring up SET ID when I hold down the VOL key. The subwoofer is still connected and has no issues. but no matter what even if a press the ADD SPK button on the bottom it brings up the WIFI Set up. Not even sure if the ADD SPK button does anything since the WIFI SETUP brings up the same option when pressed. If I turn off the soundbar and hold down the VOL Key it does nothing, if I push the UP key it brings up WIFI Set up, and temporarily disconnects WIFI, and takes forever for it to reconnect to WIFI. So anyone else out there with a complete setup, Sound+ Soundbar, Subwoofer, and Rear Speakers? Can maybe lend a hand. This is very frustrating, 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: HW-MS650 with SWA-W700 and SWA-9000S not connecting

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok so for anyone else that runs into this, I got it to work by turning off WiFi first, then the soundbar would take the SET ID command while off. Per the instructions, you turn off the soundbar, then hold the VOL key down for 5 seconds. And the SET IT appears on the screen. From there the SWA-9000S connected automatically. This was with the same wireless dongle that came with the SWA-W700. The dongle is the same on the SWA-9000S and the SWA-W700, and only one is needed. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Are you trying to use the multiply room or the smart switch app? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the both SmartThings app and Samsung Multiroom apps, but neither offers any connection options for the SWA-9000S. It only shows my MS650 soundbar when in both apps. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Make sure you have the soundbar off when doing the ID Set, and that you are pressing the volume button, not pushing up/down...instructions are on pg 7 - 11 of the user guide. You also need to attach the Wireless Dongle. http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201808/20180814113221078/AH68-02989B-04_SWA-9000S_ZA_EN...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Both of the dongles have to connect to the soundbar. If they don't connect regretfully it won't work. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

huh? There is only one USB connection for the Wireless Dongle, not two. The SWA-W700 and SWA-9000S are both listed all fully compatible with the MS650 Soundbar. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also, both show that the Wireless Dongle included is the same for both, "Wireless Dongle (WHM520V)" 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Attach the Toroidal ferrite core to the power cord 
of the Soundbar to help prevent RF interference 
from radio signals. 
1. Pull the fixing tab of the Toroidal ferrite core to 
open it. 
2. Make two loops in the Soundbar’s power cord. 

3. Attach the Toroidal ferrite core to the Soundbar’s 
power cord as shown in the figure on the left, and 
then close it by pressing it until it clicks. 
•• Ensure that the ferrite core is attached as 
close as possible to the power plug of the 
Soundbar

Precautions for purchasing an additional SWA-W700 (optional Subwoofer) 
Do not remove the wireless dongle from the main Soundbar unit. 
The wireless dongle that comes with the product can be used with the SWA-W700 (optional 
Subwoofer).

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungTam wrote:

Precautions for purchasing an additional SWA-W700 (optional Subwoofer) 
Do not remove the wireless dongle from the main Soundbar unit. 
The wireless dongle that comes with the product can be used with the SWA-W700 (optional 
Subwoofer).

I had already done the ferrite connections. This is the confusing part, I already have the wireless dongle for the SWA-W700 plugged into my soundbar. The subwoofer is working perfectly, the dongle that came with the SWA-9000S is the same, and per the manual, it states that it will work with both. I cant get the sound bar to display the SET ID at all. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @SamsungTam, where can I buy a dongle?  The SWA-W700 and MS650 soundbar both did not have one.  Can't use the sub or the rear speakers till I get one.