Original topic:

STOP HW-Q800B from auto switching input (w/o turning off CEC)

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
userTzKo8cXEJN
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Is there a way to TURN OFF auto switching of the input on a HW-Q800B Soundbar? Quite annoying with it switching away from a defined HDMI input to another input automatically DIN+Arc that I don't want to be used at the time.

12 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater
You can block an individual device with a cec blocker like this one:
https://a.co/d/2ncI2xe
0 Likes
ShadowViper
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater
A bit lost here, doesn't the s800b only have 1 input? Not sure how cec is an issue with one connection. Is yours connected to a Bluetooth device and switching to that?
0 Likes
userTzKo8cXEJN
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I guess the term should be SOURCE. It will switch back and forth between Wifi,D.In,Arc and other sources regardless of where you have left the input or where you are trying to set the input. Discrete commands are needed and it needs to stop allowing the auto switching.

0 Likes
ShadowViper
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater
Was just trying to get clarity, if it was a cec issue it would of been related to the TV, at least with that soundbar model. I do own that soundbar but never had it automatic switch, though haven't set it up with Bluetooth so figured it may be a Bluetooth issue where the other device was swapping it over. I'll play with mine some and keep ya posted.
0 Likes
userTzKo8cXEJN
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Good to know you own it. That helps. Let me know what you find out after you start playing with it.  My set up is the following:

HDMI Input = Nvidia Shield Pro. Need to bypass the TV because I have a 2019 Samsung that won't pass TrueHD to the soundbar via ARC.

I use the ARC connection to pass anything from the TV Apps back to the Samsung soundbar.

Having a terrible time trying to scroll through the Input's using a harmony remote because it keeps fighting to go back to the ARC/HDMI for the native TV apps rather than STAYING PUT on the HDMI source for my NVIDIA Shield. 

And of course I have the gripe of this thing not having Google Home integration and only using Alexa.  These annoying little things will probably drive me to return this and go with an LG.  I know that will work with discrete commands at least.

0 Likes
userXMgxvQNF3N
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Don't know if this is similar to what mine is doing. I have my TV connected through the eArc input and my Apple TV connected to the HDMI input on the soundbar. Whenever I turn Apple TV one, it works initially, then switches briefly over to eARC input (with nothing coming through). Then eventually it goes back to the HDMI input with Apple TV. I don't know if this is normal behavior or if I need to exchange it. 

0 Likes
userTzKo8cXEJN
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same setup except an NVIDIA Shield instead of the Apple TV. And at times it won't go back to HDMI. Thinking I have to return it too if they don't fix this issue. Way too annoying.

0 Likes
userXMgxvQNF3N
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is experiencing this. I have a few days left to decide if I want to return (or potentially exchange...though I suspect this might not be specific to our units). The only thing is I got such a killer deal, it might be worth putting up with. 

0 Likes
userTzKo8cXEJN
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yeah and with this being a 2022 unit I don't see them doing anything to fix/change how it works across all of this line. They have already moved on to 2023 and discounted these (I got a deal too). New ones may work better/smoother perhaps but my other gripe surrounding no google home integration probably puts me in a position to return this thing.

0 Likes