JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung UBD-M7500 light flashed non stop

(Topic created: 05-22-2018 05:20 AM)
L L
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The player was working but it has trouble playing one of my DVD discs so i ejected the disc. Now it won't play anything. Put in a 4k disc it will start playing up to the disc menu and the remote won't let me select anything on screen.

I've tried to reset the player and now everytime i turn it on the power light flashes red and green( or just red only or green only). The setup screen show "Welcome" but i could not get to the next step since the remote won't work

Not sure what need to be done

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
L L
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I unplugged it overnight and reset the remote. Found a solution on another thread that seemed to do the trick.

The poster insert a 2 sided tape on the + side of the battery to force the cover down and it works.

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Home Theater

If your remote control does not respond at all the battery may be drained or inserted incorrectly. Remove the battery and then press and hold the power button for about 8 seconds, this will reset the remote. Next obtain a fresh battery and match the +/- symbols accordingly.

0 Likes
L L
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

It's not the battery. I've tried that. Somehow the player is not responding. I can use the remote to eject disc and turn the player off/on. The power light keep flashing nonstop alternating between red and green

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Can I ask if you have already tried a hard reset of the player?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
L L
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I unplugged it overnight and reset the remote. Found a solution on another thread that seemed to do the trick.

The poster insert a 2 sided tape on the + side of the battery to force the cover down and it works.

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Home Theater

Awesome. Please keep us posted.

0 Likes
userCWsJTYusK1
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

How did you fix it as I seem to be stuck on the same welcome screen I've tried to rsset remote and player but with remote not working nothing is working

0 Likes
userCWsJTYusK1
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
My player is an m8500 but assume the same fix might work for mine???
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

It's possible.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userukvRWqn78C
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This rotten 4K player has given me grief since I bought it........one day it works the next it doesnt........I find if I pause it stuffs everything up....the red light blinks continuously even when the power cord is unplugged

I have written to Samsung and demanded a refund,,,,they had the nerve to send paperwork to have it taken in and fixed.....thats not good enough......I am not happy so I want my money back

0 Likes