cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGdorqJrKhk
Constellation

Re: Water filter won't install

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same.  We have gone through two ice makers- within the first Two years and second one now doesn’t work.   Water filters don’t fit and no flow from filter.   We will never buy Samsung again.  Same experience with Samsung washer.  Top of

the line and we had it 2.5 years. Even repair guy said - start over and this time stay away from Samsung. 

userz4XOiISDwA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have also purchased Samsung filters from multiple sources and none of them install properly. I finally caved and have Sears coming today to see if there is a simple solution.

I can't believe Samsung has not offered a solution not only on this thread but in a mailing to all those stuck with this problem.

I am not sure after seeing how they dealt with this problem that I could purchase another Samsung product.

I'll post later if techcomes up with a solution.

userz4XOiISDwA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Sear repair tech had no easy solution. He did trim some plastic off and used food grade silicone and a lot of force to install. Apparently, Samsung doesn't like to admit to design flaws. Very unhappy with samsung.
userqJk9anrAdf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also found that when I purchased new filters they wouldn't install no matter how hard I tried. My fridge is about 5 years old. After comparing the old filter to the new it was obvious that although they had the same filter number they did not have the same attachment indents.

Being the new filter was opened and I figured I'd have a fight trying to return it I did as some have said and trimmed the connection indents to match the old filter.

Used a sharp utility blade and trimmed a little and then tried to fit. Trimmed a little more refitting each time until it turned into place AS IT SHOULD HAVE TO BEGIN WITH! 

Wasn't hard and seems to be working well. Thanks to those who mentioned this idea.

userUfkEPgpFW8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our refrigerator is almost 3 years old and I have always us Pureline replacement filter PL200 is the replacement filters purchased from Amazon. I never had a problem until today. The filter would not lock in, I tried several times rest and try again. I put the old filter in then tried the new again when I felt the click i had to push the heck on to get it to lock. (hurt my fingers and all) 

Oh their's a little water tray that will need cleaning that's removeable. I hope this help.

Pepfam
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you checked to see if the cap for the old filter is stuck in the insertion site.  That was my problem and the problem of quite a few others. Just look back where the filter engages.  If that cap is there, grab yourself a pair of needle nose pliers and carefully yank it out.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
userXb15CZeunP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This was our problem too. I pulled out the cap and it fit perfectly. 

I am confused as to why there was a cap in there, in the first place?

The old filter did have water dripping from inside, but How in the world did water get into the filter with a cap on it? 

P.S. This was our first time replacing it. Also the new filter did not have a cap.

userPLf3ybFKhi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Pepfam, Thank you, thank you, thank you. You just saved me maybe some big bucks. I tried to change the filter yesterday and I couldn't get either the new or old filter in. After speaking with Best Buy, Samsung and others I started to look for repair shops to call and found this forum and best of all your post. There are slots along the sides of the filter housing so I took a drawer out to gain access. With a stiff wire, I poked around and the cap fell off.

So now I'm relieved and thankful for you sharing.  

userYS0K5Cd5u7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my rfg237aars fridge, generic filters fit perfectly and the Samsung brand (which I found on sale) did not. No cap stuck inside either. Tried everything until I found that the first notch on the filter fitting needed to be trimmed. The filter now fits perfect. Stupid from Samsung to make us work like that when they charge plenty for their filters. If nothing else works, trim that first notch on both sides.

user3g7cH1OSjT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you tell us what it looks like when the cap is stuck?  I looked and I don't see a hole to instert the new filter into, so I am wondering if that is my problem.