JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Monitor turning off and on

(Topic created: 08-16-2023 11:21 AM)
KenHenson
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

As a monitor for my extra pc I got the SAMSUNG UJ59 Series 32-Inch 4K UHD (3840x2160) Computer Monitor, it loves to cut off and on while the computer is running. Either it is getting a signal or not, I wish it would choose to either work or make me throw it in the trash, even though it is new. I read on some esoteric forum that it had to do with the use of an HDMI cable, so I replaced it with a high end data transfer cable and it still cuts off on on. Is Samsung trying to make us not ever buy their products again, sounds like someone over the monitor department is doing drugs, both of my new Samsung monitors, of different make have issues. I think I'll make a youtube video where I talk about how much this monitor has made me angry, then find interesting ways to destroy it and make a million people laugh at Samsung products. I suggest that Samsung sort out its technical issues soon or it will likely affect their business model.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Using the Display  Port should alleviate the signal issue.

What version DP and HDMI does your computer support?

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Using the Display  Port should alleviate the signal issue.

What version DP and HDMI does your computer support?

0 Likes
KenHenson
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm using a GTX 2080 on my old PC, so it supports pretty much everything. The question is why should I have to go through all this at all? Samsung has the power to put the right cable in the box to begin with. 

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Can't help you there.  Sometimes they put both types in one box and a single in others.

I run Display Port on my high end cards and monitors.  I find HDMI too iffy for my uses.

0 Likes