JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Neo G9 monitor issue with Mac book pro & Mac mini running OS Ventura

(Topic created: 08-07-2023 03:53 AM)
arindamsen
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, I recently purchased the Samsung Neo G9 OLED monitor. This one replaced my older 49 inch Samsung that had 2 DP ports. The new one comes with 2 HDMI & 1 DP port. When I connect my MacBook M2 (2023) to the DP port, everything is fine. But when connecting my Mac Mini M2 Pro (2023) or the MacBook through the HDMI port the display appears stretched especially in the 32:9 mode. When I switch it to 16:9 it appears fine with the Game --> off.  Anyone facing this issue. I have changed 4 HDMI cables all certified but nothing seems to fix the issue. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
arindamsen
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, Just so that someone else can benefit from this. I tried everything , cables, converters etc but nothing worked. Then I downloaded SwitchResX and now I am getting the full 5120x1440 resolution @240 Hz using HDMI. So clearly there is an issue with the MacOS that is causing this problem. Anyhow, for now I am happy my problem is resolved Support for apple was pretty much useless, got transferred from person to person but no solution to the problem over 2 weeks. 

Thanks for all your help 

View solution in context

8 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That definitely is strange with your display being stretched out like that. I would recommend changing your display resolution and seeing if that helps. Also, you can try and make sure that your not zoomed in. Tagging @ddaniel51 @JBTechfanatic  to see if they have any other ideas that can help! 

0 Likes
arindamsen
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

That has not helped unfortunately. A firmware update on the monitor bumped up the refresh rate to 240 hz but the scaling issue still remains. The refresh rate before the update was 50 hz. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

I would also recommend reaching out to Apple support as this can also be an OS issue causing this to occur.  I know not every one has both but if you have or know anyone with a Windows PC I would recommend trying the monitor with it just to make sure it's not the monitor itself. You can also try resetting the monitor to factory settings. 

0 Likes
arindamsen
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Mac Issue.jpgHello, 

Thank you for your reply. 

1. I have opened a case with Apple but that is progressing very slowly.  I also opened a case with Samsung, they sent someone and we did update the firmware. Once that was done the Mac Mini Refresh rate has gone up to 240 Hz from the initial 60 Hz using HDMI , however the image is still in the centre of the monitor. The same is with the MacBook pro as well. Not an issue with the cable since that is working fine with the Windows machine. 

2. I do have a Windows PC and that connects just fine with the Monitor (through the HDMI & the Micro HDMI port) - no issues there. 

3. I have attached an image of what I see on the screen. 

Thanks, 

Arindam 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

As this is just occurring with the Apple products I would recommend keeping in touch with their support as there can be different settings you may need to enable. As I do not have a mac myself I would be unable to speculate as to what settings that could be. 

0 Likes
Solution
arindamsen
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, Just so that someone else can benefit from this. I tried everything , cables, converters etc but nothing worked. Then I downloaded SwitchResX and now I am getting the full 5120x1440 resolution @240 Hz using HDMI. So clearly there is an issue with the MacOS that is causing this problem. Anyhow, for now I am happy my problem is resolved Support for apple was pretty much useless, got transferred from person to person but no solution to the problem over 2 weeks. 

Thanks for all your help 

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thank you for letting us know what helped you! And that is great to hear that you got this working for you! 

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

Good to know about switchResX. 

My  last Mac was an SE30 with a color card and VGA moniitor.

0 Likes