Original topic:

Samsung SyncMaster SA450

(Topic created on: 4/22/20 11:50 AM)
user34VDNyIbUf
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

I have Samsung SyncMaster SA450 monitor or at least that's what it says on monitor frame.
When I check Model on the back of montor it is S24A450MW and when I check it under Advance display settings it's SMS24A450.

I know for sure that I have S24A450 SyncMaster but what are letters MW on the end?

...and if I could get specs for this one, because when I search on google there are couple of similar models with BW letters on the end. etc..

Thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

The end characters on the model number refer to the geographic area the monitor are designated for. In this instance, the MW refers to models designated for England and western Europe usage.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

The end characters on the model number refer to the geographic area the monitor are designated for. In this instance, the MW refers to models designated for England and western Europe usage.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

user34VDNyIbUf
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

If end characters refer to geographic area then how for example same model but with BW instead MW characters have better specifications.

S24A450 BW for example have 75hz and MW is 60hz :\

SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

Different regions have different requirements for their systems.